Mixed Berry Green Smoothies & Salad Dressing Recipe

I love making smoothies for the children. It makes me feel good knowing I am getting raw foods into them and that they actually enjoy them!!  Our one and a half year old is enjoying his  in the picture above. I just can't get him to keep the straw in the cup! One day he pulled it out with such force that our ceiling was covered with dark purple smoothie. Oh yeah, I was a little bit agitated as I stood on the kitchen table trying to mop smoothie off the ceiling. The good thing is we haven't started repainting the interior of the house yet. Looking forward to that project, NOT!!!!  Well, back to green smoothies. I started incorporating more raw foods into the families diet with green smoothies. I got online and researched everything I could on green smoothies. I watched You Tubes, read blogs and scoured web sites. Then I copied down all of the great recipes, put them in a three ring binder and made my own smoothie recipe book. I don't even look at smoothie recipe books at the book store because I got so much great information on line.
On this particular day I decided to make a berry green smoothie. Everyone loved it.The protein powder and hemp seeds that I used are in my store. Click on the link at the right to check it out! Here is my recipe.

Mixed Berry Green Smoothie
1-1 1/2 C water
1 organic banana
11/2 C frozen mixed berries
2 T Nutiva Organic Hemp Seeds
1 T Maitoba Naturals Hemp Protein Powder
1 frozen banana
2 large handfuls organic baby spinach

Blend the water with the spinach. Next add the fresh banana, hemp seeds, hemp powder and frozen mixed berries. Blend well, then add in the frozen banana. It should be a very thick frozen consistency. Enjoy!
~JMJ~ Today I am thankful for the messes that my baby makes; it won't be long until they are all out of the house and I'll miss all of this!!!


I wanted to share a salad dressing that I made for lunch today. I really like how it turned out. I made a jar of it so I can use it on my next few salads.
Here is the recipe:

1/2 C Cold pressed olive oil
2 capfuls of Coconut Aminos or Coconut Vinegar
2 T Braggs Unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
1 clove pressed garlic
1 T real maple syrup (this is not raw)
1 T organic Dijon mustard
pinch of sea salt
juice from a wedge of lime
fresh boxwood basil, chopped
fresh lemon thyme, chopped

Peace & Happy Raw Eating!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining