Aspiring Raw Chefs




Our Three Youngest














The other day I was preparing some of my food and noticed our three youngest imitating me. We have a play wooden kitchen in the family room fully stocked with pots, pans, plastic food and dishes. My kids get so much use out of this set. They always pull out their stuff whenever I am in the kitchen preparing something. Well today they even donned their toques. We got these toques at Roy's Restaurant on Mother's Day. We went to Mother's Day Brunch and they gave these to all of the children. My kids have so much fun with these it makes the ridiculous price of that brunch almost worth it. Tee, Hee, Hee.
I was preparing a raw dish I'll call "Berry Good Bowl". It is so simple and sooo good. This would be a great dish to prepare while traveling this summer because the ingredients would be really easy to have at the hotel room and you do not need any fancy equipment to prepare it. I have traveled twice so far since I went raw and I needed easy to prepare, nutritious meals like this one. Here is my recipe:

Berry Good Bowl

4 Deglet dates, room temp and sliced
6 fresh organic strawberries, sliced
1/2 C of fresh organic blueberries
1 ripe organic banana, gently mashed w/ a fork
1 T Nutiva Organic Hemp Seeds
2 T raw unsweetened dried coconut, finely ground
Put everything into a bowl, mix and enjoy!




~JMJ~Today I am grateful for my three aspiring chefs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining