Sensational Sushi


I was so pleased with the results when I made this recipe. It actually is a recipe for a Sunflower Basil Salad. I decided to make it two ways.  I used some of it for my sushi filling and the rest to make salad wraps using romaine lettuce. I got the recipe from my copy of the book, The Raw Transformation. I mentioned before how much I like all of the recipes I have tried so far. This really is a great raw book. Here is the recipe:

Sunflower Basil Salad
Serves 6

1/4 C grated zucchini
1/4 C grated squash
1/4 C grated jicama
2 C sunflower sprouts, chopped
2 C firmly packed fresh basil
3 green onions, sliced thin
3 tomatoes, chopped bite size
1/2 C sunflower seeds soaked overnight
1 large avocado, cubed
2 garlic, minced
1/2 tsp minced ginger
1/4 tsp minced jalapeno ( I used a pinch of red pepper flakes)
3 T first  cold pressed EVOO
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp onion powder
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, adding spices, oil, and lemon juice last. Serve chilled.
I wrapped some up in romaine leaves, remove the tough center rib first. Then with the remainder I rolled it up in Nori Wraps. Cut them with a very sharp knife into bite size sushi pieces. You can google how to roll sushi. It is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I didn't use a bamboo mat and it turned out fine. You really should try this as a sushi roll. It is my favorite sushi thus far.
~JMJ~ Today I am grateful for the beautiful morning spent at our beach with the three youngest children. We got up early, had breakfast, packed up our things and got in the car by 9 AM. I was proud of myself...I got us all ready by myself and everything came together beautifully. I even pulled right up to an open parking spot and didn't have to worry about using the parking garage halfway down the block. I was wondering how in the world I was going to lug all of our stuff down to the beach carrying the baby and holding on the hands of the other two. So I must say I was very grateful for that "up front" parking spot. The water was calm, the sky was a most beautiful blue and the kids were having a ball! Can't beat that. I actually thought about eating seaweed when I was there, watching it roll around in the surf. I actually got hungry!! I love my seaweed. I didn't eat any. Peace and Eat More Raw!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining