Radish and Grapefruit Salad






                 Radish and Grapefruit Salad

This is probably a food combining nightmare, but man was it delicious. Fruit is suppose to be eaten alone, I know, but I really have not had a problem, as of yet, with food combinations. I don't know if that will change in the future but right now I am happy and feel wonderful with all of the raw food dishes I eat. I tend to make this salad very often, changing a few things each time, so it will look similar to a previous post. This is the type of salad that I have for breakfast. If I don't get a green juice in the morning I have to have a salad to satisfy my craving for GREENS!
This version had a wonderful dressing that I sweetened with Wholesome Sweetners Organic Amber Raw Honey. I LOVE this honey!! And it is Fair Trade. It also contained one of my other favorite condiments, Coconut Aminos.
The salad was very simple but loaded with vegetables and of course my own broccoli sprouts. If I said it before, I'll say it again, I love my sprouts.

Honey Dijon Dressing

2 tsp Wholesome Sweetners Organic Amber Raw Honey
2 tsp Organic Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/4 C first cold pressed EVOO
1 capful of Coconut Aminos

Wisk all till creamy smooth. The combo of this honey and the EVOO produces a lovely creamy dressing.


Radish and Grapefruit Salad

Mixture of  Organic Baby Romaine
1 red, yellow and orange mini sweet pepper, sliced
1 carrot finely diced in processor
2 large red radishes, sliced
1 organic grapefruit, cubed
2 celery stalks, sliced
Large handful of broccoli sprouts
1 scallion, sliced

Enjoy!
~JMJ~Today I am grateful for quiet reading time...well, not really quiet but I did get a chance to read from a really good book today. I will be blogging about it once I'm finished reading it. It is a fantastic book about, what else, raw foods. I wish I would have know about it a year ago when I began this journey. Peace and Eat More RAW!

Comments

Nelly said…
definitely a salad i want to try...

i don't pay too much attention to food combining...sometimes the way certain ingredients merry together is just too fabulous to even care about food combination!!!

=)
Elizabeth said…
I think you will really love this salad, everything in it just goes so well together...it is one of my top salads.
I hear yah about the food combining and not worrying too much, but I think as I get farther along in my raw journey, I really will have to pay more attention to it. One thing I NEVER eat with any other food is melon. I only eat melon all by it's self.
Peace,
E

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining