Friday, October 15, 2010

My Version of Ants on a Log

Figs on a Log
This is a terrible picture, looks like a train wreck! But I was so hungry I just started throwing stuff on my plate. I really wanted some celery with nut butter and raisins but I changed my mind and decided to use cut up dried black mission figs. Wow was it good. I used Artisana Raw Macadamia Butter with Cashews on the celery, topped them with the figs and some honey, that I got up in North Carolina. Organic apple slices and sprouts just sounded good so I had those too. There you have it, that was my lunch. Nothing complicated, just good raw living foods. I had three little boys all eyeballing my plate. :)
~JMJ~ Today I am grateful for kids in the kitchen. I had no idea what gluten free meal to make the kids tonight so I asked my 13 year old son to create a dish. He told me how to put together a chicken dish that they all loved. We named it after him and it has gone in their gluten free and raw recipe binder. Way to go Mitchell!!

2 comments:

Mr. H. said...

We have incorporated so much celery in our diet this year, it has been great. Love your ants on a log. I really like that you involve the children in cooking, I think that is so important...good job Mom.:)

Elizabeth said...

I love cooking/uncooking with the kids. Even the 2 year old likes to get involved. It is just hard when you are trying to rush to get a meal on the table!! So I try to involve them only when I don't have to rush. That way we all enjoy the experience.
Thanks for stopping by!!
Peace,
E

Banana Cream Pie Smoothie Lately I've been blessed with fresh, green, Florida coconuts from my neighbor's trees. We enjoy drinking...