Raspberry Grapefruit Salad

Raspberry Grapefruit Salad

Here is a very simple and very delicious salad. As I have said before my favorite breakfast food is salad. I of course had this as my breakfast and it was wonderful. I just love how the simple dressing turned out. I used this same dressing on my Zucchinni Noodle Salad recipe that I will be posting next!!


Raspberry Grapefruit
Organic romaine, cut into thin strips
1 large grapefruit, peeled, seeded and diced
1 handful of organic raspberries
1 T Hemp seeds
1 T raw sesame seeds
Plate the lettuce and top with the grapefruit, raspberries, and seeds. Drizzle on some Balsamic Dijon Dressing. Enjoy!


Balsamic Dijon Dressing

1/2 C First cold pressed EVOO
1/4 C Balsamic vinegar
2 T raw honey or real Maple Syrup
1 T organic Dijon mustard
2 tsp dried onion flakes
pinch of sea salt
pinch of black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well.
Keeps in refrigerator for 4 weeks. Shake well before each use. Allow to sit at room temp for at least 30 min prior to using so honey and oils can liquefy.

~JMJ~Today I am grateful for warm little ones in my bed. We are going through a cold front right now and down here in SW FL we are freezing at 50 degrees. We had 3 of the 5 kids pile in our bed this morning saying, "I'm cold!! I need to put on some sweat pants!" Too funny considering just last week we were complaining how hot it was.


Comments

Mr. H. said…
This looks likes a very nice salad and I love the way you made the dressing.
amy said…
This looks so nice and refreshing! I'm definitely going to make that.
Veggie PAK said…
The food looks absolutely delicious! Nice family photo too.
Elizabeth said…
Thanks for the nice comments!!
Peace & Raw Health,
E

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining