Everything But the Kitchen Sink Chia

"CREATIVITY GOES BEYOND SHEER ARTISTRY; IT TAKES COURAGE TO EXPRESS YOUR IDEAS." 
Quote by Terri Trespicio

I had a hankering for some chia the other morning and started throwing it together. The end result was amazing. It was one of the best bowls of raw breakfast cereal I've put together yet. For the base I used a wonderful product called "Chia Goodness" from Ruth's Hemp Foods, Inc. http://www.ruthshempfoods.com/
I purchased it to see if it would make a good travel food. I bought the original flavor which lists the ingredients to be: Chia (Salvia hispanica), buckwheat, hulled hemp seeds, Celtic Sea Salt. The answer to my question is YES, this would make a fantastic travel food. It comes in a convenient resealable bag and it is so simple to make, you could make it anywhere. Simply measure 2 tablespoons of Chia Goodness into your bowl, add 4 tablespoons of hot or cold water, stir well and wait 3-5 minutes until it thickens. This is where the creativity comes in. You decide how you want to dress up your Chia Goodness. That is what I love about chia, it is like a blank canvas just waiting to be splashed with flavor.

Here is my simple recipe for Everything But the Kitchen Sink Chia:
2 T Chia Goodness
1/4 C warm water
small handful of organic raisins
1 T Gogi berries
1 T sesame seeds
1 T raw sunflower seeds
1 T raw pumpkin seeds
1 T Hemp seeds
pinch of sea salt
dash or two of cinnamon
1 ripe pear, diced
Place everything into a bowl, except for the pear and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes. Stir well and then add the diced pear. Enjoy!
+JMJ+Today I am grateful for kicking a bad habit. I had fallen under the spell of the evil coffee AGAIN! Don't know how I did it but it just happened. Well today was the first day of going cold turkey. The headache set in late this afternoon and I am feeling a bit nasty. But the good news is I didn't even miss drinking a cup this morning. I am happy that I will no longer have that nasty chemical/drug in my body.

Comments

Veggie PAK said…
The prepared-at-home food you show in your pics always look so delicious! How do you come up with the recipies for all this creativity with your meals? Is it simply because you've been doing it awhile? I guess I need to collect the recipes from your posts and get the ingredients. In addition to delicious-looking meals, I know they must have so much more nutrition in them compared to chemical-filled big box store food.
Anonymous said…
I like the sound of the chia goodness. I'd like to have some in the office if I can find it over here.

Congratulations on giving up coffee again. I've had lots of green tea this year but not coffee. I'm going to do my absolute best to keep it going :-)
Elizabeth said…
VeggiePak-
Thank you for calling me creative, I don't feel very creative. I just seem to throw things together that sound good and I get lucky. I also get sooo many ideas from all of the amazing raw foodists out there. I feel great eating living foods and get even more excited knowing my kids are sharing them too.
Peace & Raw Health,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth said…
Anthony,
Thanks so much for commenting!
I would love to know what your favorite green tea is. Also, do you have decaf green tea or regular?
Peace & Raw Health,
Elizabeth

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining