Juice Fast/Feast Day 2

Last night when I was typing my post I started feeling a bit off--slightly nauseous, a headache and that wicked sinus drainage. But I am happy to report that I woke up today with no headache and no sick tummy. The morning began with a big glass of lemon water at 8 AM.
At 8:30 AM I had a mean, green drink consisting of parsley, one cucumber, 2 kale leaves, 2 stalks of celery, a wedge of lemon, 1 red apple and 1 green apple. It was very good!

At 10 AM I had a "Pink Morning Tonic" which was simply 1 grapefruit and 1 red apple.



Unfortunately I had to run a ton of errands and was on the go with just lemon water from 12:30 PM to 3:30PM. When I got home I made some carrot pineapple juice for the kiddos and I had carrot, pineapple, cabbage, apple, pear and dandelion. Very good but if you don't care for cabbage, leave it out--you can definitely tell it is in there. I liked it!


4:30 PM I had back to back lemon spritzers. I used "Mountain Valley" sparkling water and the juice of 1 lemon. Dinner was late, at about 7:30. I juiced several oranges and had two tall glasses of OJ.
Right now I am sipping on warm mug of Detox Tea. Hard to believe I am functioning on so little. But when you think about it these juices probably have more nutrition than what a person eats all week consuming the SAD diet. I have not felt hunger yet and have been so pleased with all of the juices.
My best friend from Chicago was sweet enough to send me the link for a new juice bar in her town. She is so clever; suggesting I go to their site, read the menu and get recipe ideas. Way to go M!!! That place is amazing. Check out these juice combos at Peeled.
  • apple, pineapple, ginger
  • carrot, apple, beet
  • green leaf, celery, coriander, green apple, lime
  • green leaf, carrot, apple, beet, lemon, ginger
  • carrot, pineapple, lemon, ginger
  • beet, apple, ginger
  • beet, pineapple, pear, ginger
  • fresh greens, pineapple, cilantro, lime
Time to get some rest. Good night!
+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for the sweet smell of gardenia.



Comments

Cynthia said…
Keep it up it looks great. I hope you were able to take some time for yourself during your busy day to pray about the fasting. I'm sure you did!!

Peace C
blessedmama said…
Wow, I am seeing a lot of people on a juice fast! I'm positive your right, though, you are getting more nutrients than the average American. Just look at all the fruits and veggies you consumed in just one day! :-)
Elizabeth said…
Thanks for the supportive comments C and blessedmama! I can't believe I did it and it is over! My first juice fast, first real fast of this length ever. I am glad I did it!
Peace and Raw Health,
E

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining