RAW Banana Cocount Kream Pudding

In an effort to escape reality for a moment I thought I would try and post a post. We are mourning the very recent loss of my one and only sister. She was 6 years older than me, married to a wonderful man and has a beautiful daughter. Even though she was my older sister I always felt the need to be the one to "care" and protect her from things I knew were hurting her--but unfortunately it just wasn't possible. The reality of her being gone, my brain is neglecting to process, as we are also still mourning the loss of my mother-in-law. Two beautiful lives, two beautiful women who had such an impact on so many lives. One can only put all of their trust in God and know that His will is perfect and some day all of this will make sense.

 I thought I would share what I created today for a treat.
Tonight for dinner I had a 25 oz jar of green juice. Delicious yes, filling yes, but a half hour later and I wanted something creamy and slightly sweet. I created a spur of the moment, raw banana kream pudding--yummy!
Here is my recipe.


RAW Banana Coconut Kream Pudding

by Elizabeth @ rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com

1/3 C dried flaked organic coconut (raw and unsweetened), soaked 30 min.
1/3 C raw cashews, soaked for 30 min., then drain and rinse
2 bananas
4 T white chia seeds, soaked in a 8 T of water for 30 min.
raw powdered vanilla to taste
tiny pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)

In a high speed blender pour the soaked and rinsed cashews, one of the bananas, salt, vanilla, and the coconut with its soaking water. Blend until smooth. Pour over the chia that has been soaking and mix well until smooth. Top with the other banana, sliced into rounds. Enjoy!


+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for the last days I was able to spend at my sister's bedside. I love you!

God has set aside the kingdom of God for the childlike—for those who are loving enough to trust and obey Him and humble enough to depend on Him.

— from Ask the Bible Geek

Comments

Lisa G. said…
I'm so sorry for your losses. My husband's grandmother passed away earlier this week and we only knew she was sick a week earlier. Her body had been racked with disease and pain for many years and here at the end an invasive cancer; the cancer likely had a man made source. I will miss our talks greatly but it honestly makes me smile to know that she has been liberated from her broken body to a glorified one. And she now spends her time with our Savior and loved ones who passed on before her. We will meet again someday. But starting from the time her spirit left this planet...she is free. I trust the same is true for your sister. What a credit to you for having cared for her even at the end. No regrets, only love.
Your pudding sounds dreamy. Quite the chef you are being able to pull that off on the fly. I like the idea of soaked raw coconut flakes.
Take care.
Unknown said…
I am so sorry for your loss. You seem a very warm hearted person. I am sure your sisters life was all the richer for your being alongside her. I hope you feel the comfort of those around you as you grieve. Take your time.

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining