This is the new cabin we chose. It is in the same area that we always go but we wanted to try staying at a different cabin for some variety.
The cabin was lovely and we loved the property. Our views were stunning.
We did many other fun things with the children to enjoy our time together. We took some of them horseback riding and the rest of us enjoyed following along in a covered wagon.
I enjoyed many a raw meals enjoying the fantastic views from this deck.
I was a wreck. So nervous that one of the children was going to get stung. I kept praying and praying that it would not happen. On night 3 of our stay I was finally able to sleep. The first two nights I was so afraid I got up every half hour and checked in on the kids to make sure no scorpions were lurking about in the bedrooms. Well, it was that night that I got stung. I was unaware of it until I woke up in the morning and saw two strange holes in my leg. Hubby just assumed it was a nasty spider bite, we never even thought it could be scorpion stings....duh!!!
Here it was towards the end of the whole ordeal, this was 3 weeks after I got stung. Nasty still but getting better. No I never went to any doctor, I felt there was no need. I just kept it as clean as possible and found the most relief when applying the poultice I made out of wheat grass pulp. I am left with scars from the stings, they are a light brown and seem to be fading as time goes by.
All in all we had an amazing time on our trip but I can assure you we will NEVER rent that cabin again! I never will forget the view though and the peacefulness I experienced as I sat out on the porch all by myself in the early morning hours.
+JMJ+ Today I am grateful that the little bugger that stung me was not the deadly type! And I am most thankful that none of the children got stung. It is a totally different story if children get stung...then it is a must to get medical treatment.