Sunset RAW Stuffed Peppers

I was given an incredible gift from Sunset Grown this past Saturday. On my doorstep was a large box filled with these gems!!!!!


 
 
They sent me this beautiful package just because I tell the truth about them on Instagram and share with my viewers how much I love and enjoy their phenomenal produce.
If you are not familiar with this company and the procedures they use to grow their amazing produce, visit their web site to read all about them.
 
When I was unpacking the box and saw the gorgeous sweet peppers I just knew I had to make some Raw Stuffed Peppers. I used my Pumpkin Seed Pate recipe as my filling and served them on a bed of my homegrown sunflower greens. They were nothing short of spectacular.
 
 
 
 
For the pate recipe you will need to do a little bit of advanced prep work. The raw pumpkin seeds and sundried tomatoes need to be soaked for two hours. Cover them with water and allow to soak for two hours, then drain off the soak water. You also will need some fresh carrot pulp leftover from juicing carrots. I juice carrots every day but if you are not a juicer than you can simply use 2-3 whole carrots that have been shredded in a food processor instead. Now you are ready to make the pate:
 
 
 

 Pumpkin Seed Pate

by Elizabeth @rawlivingandlearning.BlogSpot.com
 
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds, soaked 2 hours
 
6-8 sundried tomatoes (oil free, sulfite free), soaked for 2 hours
 
1/2 bunch of parsley, fine chop
 
1/2 cup carrot pulp leftover from fresh carrot juice
 
1 clove fresh garlic (optional)
 
1 T Organic gluten free Tamari sauce ( or use Himalayan salt for fully raw)
 
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
 
4-5 Medium sized Sunset One Sweet Peppers, cut in half & remove seeds
 
In a mini food processor, pulse chop the pumpkin seeds, garlic, and sundried tomatoes. Pour mixture into a mixing bowl and add the parsley, lemon juice, Tamari, and carrot pulp. Mix thoroughly and fill the raw peppers with the pate.
 
 
 
+JMJ+Today I am grateful for the generosity of Sunset Grown produce. Thank you!!!!!
 
 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining