The Dairy Lie--But I Love Ice cream!















Blueberry Ice Kream
My New Kinda Ice Kream


"The number one cause of cancer is casein from milk" says Brian Clement leader of Hippocrates Health Institute in Florida.

I found some great videos regarding the dairy topic.
As well as many resources on the dangers of cow's milk. Of course if you are on an 100% raw food diet you do not consume dairy. Not even from goats or sheep. Now some people on a raw food diet do choose to consume raw goats milk from time to time but all animal milk contains casein, and that is where the danger is. Click on this link to go directly to this information.  There is also a video demonstrating how easy it is to make nut milks at this link.
http://www.thebestofrawfood.com/vegan-protein.html
Many raw ice kream recipes use nut milks, that is how we get the creamy texture. I like to make quick ice kreams at times that have no nut milks and I love them. I don't think I will miss the milk based ice creams. Hopefully the family won't either. They bought me an ice cream maker for Mother's Day so I can make the raw ice kreams in it. I have already tried it and I was blown away with the results.
I personally know many people negatively affected by dairy products. People in our family suffer from the adverse effects. It is my goal to get everyone off of cow's milk or products containing cow's milk. I am reading labels and looking for all of the hidden words for milk or milk products. Whey is a big one that you'll see on many food labels. (The rest of my family has a portion of their diet that contains cooked foods.) It is worth it to do the detective work because the quality of life for these individuals will only improve. I can feel good about that. Not to mention that we can feel happy about eating frozen raw goodies and not guilty or sick like we would if we consumed unhealthy dairy products.
This is a great place to start. It is not a raw site, but a great dairy free site to help you with eliminating dairy from your diet. http://www.godairyfree.org/
But also google for yourself the dangers of milk...your eyes will be opened wide! Here is what I found:

http://www.google.com/search?q=dangers+of+milk&rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7SUNA_en
Next, google "raw ice creams" and you'll see all of the options available to tickle your taste buds. Most all of the raw food books contain several raw ice cream recipes along with the most amazing raw desserts. I have yet to find a cooked dessert that can compete with my favorite raw desserts! Raw wins every time. And you don't feel sick and tired after eating them. The opposite is true, you feel light and full of energy, living energy from the living foods. Here is the recipe for my blueberry ice kream topped with mixed berries:
Blueberry Ice Kream
1 1/2 frozen bananas, cut up
1 C frozen blueberries
fresh mixed berries for garnish
Place frozen bananas and blueberries into a small food processor. Process till smooth and creamy. Top with a mixture of fresh berries. Enjoy!
~JMJ~ Today I am grateful for raw food dessert recipes. The endless raw food dessert recipes can make the transition to raw easier. I personally do not miss the sugar loaded, fat laden unhealthy processed and cooked desserts one bit. All they did was make me feel terrible. Now I can eat a dessert and feel wonderful. Life is good! Peace and Eat More Raw!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining