Got a Veggetti??

So my new friend on Instagram, Tanya @tannyraw, did a video on this great gadget. We both bought ours at Bed Bath & Beyond. I used one of my $5.00 off coupons and got this gizmo for mighty cheap. You see my original spiralizer broke about a year ago and I have been whining about it and decided to finally replace it with this little guy.


 I was thinking how easy it will be to pack it along with my travel blender and juicer when we travel.
The first veggie I experimented with was carrot.
Just look at the noodles this thing made out of just 1 small carrot!!!
I added them to my killer kale salad yesterday and enjoyed this deliciousness for lunch, in the sunshine.
The next veggie I experimented with was a green zucchini.
I used the "thin" side to create these long, thin noodles. Reserve the small leftover end of zucchini that does not spiralize; this will go in the sauce.
Tonight on the dinner menu was Raw Mushroom Marinara Sauce served over a bed of raw zucchini noodles.
Here is how I put it all together:
First I soaked my sundried tomatoes plus one Medjool date.

Take 1 cup of the fresh baby portobello mushrooms and wilt them by placing in a warm steamer pan. To do this, heat up your steamer pan, then drain out all of the water and place the fresh mushrooms in it, remove from the stove and put the lid on the pan. The mushrooms will wilt from the warmth and moisture without cooking. The longer you keep them covered the more they will wilt and soften from the moisture.
Next I prepped the veggies for the sauce.
Into the food processor went the carrot, some of the mushrooms, the small piece of leftover zucchini, green onion, baby peppers, the sundried tomatoes, date, and 1 teaspoon of hemp seeds. I pulse chopped this.
Then I added the two fresh tomatoes
Processed that until it was almost smooth, I like to leave it a bit chunky.
Final step is to plate your raw pasta and top it with the marinara.


Raw Mushrooms Marinara 

by Elizabeth @ rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com

2 small sweet peppers
2 organic tomatoes
1 Medjool date
6 sundried tomatoes
1 small carrot
1 green onion
1 teaspoon of raw Hemp Seeds
1 1/2 cups of baby portobello mushrooms
dried Italian spices to taste, optional
1 medium, organic, green zucchini

Soak the sundried tomatoes and date in water for 20-30 minutes. Drain off a the soak water. Wilt the mushrooms by placing them in a warm steamer pan that has been heated and removed from the heat. Cover pan and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to wilt. In a food processor put the carrot, some of the mushrooms, the small piece of leftover zucchini, green onion, baby peppers, sundried tomatoes, date, and 1 teaspoon of hemp seeds. Process until roughly chopped. Then add the two tomatoes. Process until almost smooth. Pour over the spiralized zucchini noodles and top with the wilted mushrooms. Enjoy!!!

You can even twirl this raw pasta on your fork!!

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for this little fellow who visited me the other day. Our youngest child picks me flowers every time we go out side and he placed these next to my chair and in a matter of minutes this cute little bee came to say HI! 



Comments

Unknown said…
Hey Elizabeth! I looked you up on Instagram from reading Tanya's comments. Checked your blog out because I homeschool too! I am just getting in the groove of this lifestyle but having a hard time pulling my 4 kiddos along. Your children are inspiring mine! Thanks for all the great photos & ideas! You're giving your kids such a gift in this lifestyle. Have they grown up like this from Day 1 or did you have to transition them at some point?
Thanks again! :)
Nicole
Elizabeth said…
hey Nicole!!! Oh I'm so glad we found each other!! Do you have an IG account as well? I am @lowfatrawvegan there.
How old are your kids?
The only child that saw tis lifestyle from day 1 was our youngest. I actually went raw cold turkey in the middle of my pregnancy with him 5 years ago or so. He was also breastfed as I was eating close to all raw.
As far as the other 4 kids, I saw their interest in all of my foods that I was eating so I starting serving my stuff along with all of their meals and pretty soon the raw foods started to overpower the cooked. But they all do still do a combo of cooked and raw. I am the only one that eats raw as close to 100% as I possibly can. And all of them are not vegan either. Some are, some aren't. I am just leading by example and pray that the day will come that they choose vegan. Hope this helps.
Try and read through my older posts and I give tips for helping others to eat more raw.
Peace & Raw Health,
Elizabeth

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining