Another Chia Recipe

On Thursday night I was thinking ahead to Friday's breakfast. I was in the mood for chia again and decided to get some seeds soaking. When I woke up I decided to make a Chia pudding. Well, once I had the chia pudding almost finished I changed my mind and turned it into a parfait. All the buzz about parfaits must have gotten me thinking about eating one. Here is my recipe for a Chia Cashew Coconut Kream Parfait:



















Chia Cashew Coconut Kream Parfait

1/2 C chia seeds, soaked over night in 3/4 C filtered water
1/8 C unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 C raw cashews, soaked and drained
4 Deglet dates
1 tsp Lucuma powder
1/8 t vanilla
pinch of sea salt
cinnamon and nutmeg to garnish top

I soaked my chia seeds overnight. This ratio of chia to water creates a nice thick chia gel, allowing you to thin, as needed, with more water. Next I processed the cashews, dates, coconut, salt, vanilla and Lucuma. Then I added the chia gel a few spoonfuls at a time; processing in between each addition of chia gel and adding water as needed until a nice pudding consistency was achieved. At this point you could eat it as a pudding, sprinkled with some cinnamon and nutmeg. I turned it into a parfait by layering it with 6 sliced, fresh  organic strawberries. Finally topping it with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg. Makes enough for 2-3 parfaits. I even had about 1/2 cup of the pudding leftover.
I must say, this was a really good breakfast. Went together so quickly; that is what I really liked! Simplicity. Enjoy!
~JMJ~ Today I am grateful for lunch out with my husband. He was able to get away from work for an hour and have lunch with me. Little bits of alone time for us have become a more frequent occurrence now that the baby is getting older. I cherish each moment that I have with him alone. We are always surrounded by the children and rarely even have time to talk privately; so these "dates" have been wonderful.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love CHIA seeds!!!!!!! yummy!!!! This recipe looks great!
Cynthia said…
Love those "dates" happy that you were able to get one this week.

Your pudding looks great. Does it taste like flax?
Cynthia
kelli said…
mmm, that looks wonderful!

i'm glad you had a nice lunch date with your hubby.=)
Nikki said…
Chia is one of my favorite breakfasts and your parfait looks delicious! I just found your blog and started following. Looking forward to future posts :)
Elizabeth said…
Hey Cynthia,
No, it tastes nothing like flax, it actually tastes like nothing. Tee Hee Hee. It has no flavor, it just takes up the flavor of whatever you are mixing it with. Cool huh?
Peace,
E
RunnerBeanGreen said…
Thankyou for the lovely comment :-) Your parfait looks wonderful - I love chia seeds! Hope you're having a lovely day x x
evergreen said…
Parfaits are so elegant, and yours looks wonderful!

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining