Chia Pudding





The first time I tried chia was when I made my blueberry chia parfait. I fell in love with chia and wanted to try my second recipe. The taste of this pudding reminds me of coconut cream pie. It also tastes very festive at the same time, like eggnog. I can't really explain it, but it is just plain good! The first day I enjoyed it as a dessert topped with fresh blueberries. The second day I added some banana slices and a drizzle of real maple syrup and had it for breakfast. The chia recipes I have made seem to stay fresh in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. But I bet they could stay even longer. If they thicken up too much for your liking, just add in some more water and stir...good as new! Here is the recipe:

Chia Pudding

1/4 C chia seeds
1/4 C raw coconut, shredded and unsweetened
1/4 C raw cashews, soaked
4 fresh Deglet dates
1 1/4 C filtered water
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp Lucuma powder
1/8 tsp vanilla powder or extract
Stir the chia seeds and coconut. In a blender, blend the remaining ingredients and then add to the chia and coconut. Stir well and then let sit for 5-10 minutes. Then stir every 5 minutes for the next 15 minutes. The chia will have soaked for roughly 20 minutes. Enjoy the chia goodness!
~JMJ~ Today I am grateful for my loving husband. We celebrate twenty years of marriage today. We met when we were 16 years old. We dated each other for 7 years as we completed high school and college. Our journey as man and wife began on 7-7-1990. I am so blessed. He is the most patient and kind man I have ever met. There is a certain calmness about him that balances my tendency to be high strung at times. He has a perfect way of grounding me again and then I can focus, and life goes on. We have five beautiful children who enrich our lives each day. For all of this and more, I am truly grateful! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HONEY!!! Peace and Eat More Raw!!

Comments

Cynthia said…
Happy Anniversary. I hope my card arrived I've been having postage issue lately. The fact that I forget to add postage is really a problem. C

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining