Raw Living Foods Group

Eastern Exotic Carrot Salad


Our local Raw Living Foods Group had yet another killer meeting this past Saturday. Our hosts are showing a series of DVDs from The Hippocrates Health Institute. Each month we meet and have a phenomenal raw pot luck followed by the DVD lecture and then discussion and great sharing of each other's experiences. This month's lecture was, "Supplements, Herbs, Algae and Homeopathy".
Upon arrival we were greeted with an "Algaetini" which was fabulous, in my opinion. I would like another one right now, actually. I am patiently waiting for my blue-green algae to arrive in the mail. I ordered some last week. I am glad I chose the one I did because I learned from the DVD that Dr. Clement  recommends that the blue-green algae should come from Lake Klamath. I ordered "Klamath Blue-Green Algae". This particular source of blue-green algae has no outer shell so our body can digest and use it. Even infants can digest this type of algae.
Dr. Clement also recommends taking green algae supplements as well, called chlorella(?spelling?). These are supplements that we should take daily to stay young, healthy and vital. More importantly, algae naturally affects our DNA and the activity of our stem cells. There are pigmentations in chlorophyll and polysaccharides. Algae can aid in building up tissue mass in the body where needed. 
I brought an Eastern Exotic Carrot Salad for the pot luck.  It is from the book, The Raw Transformation, by Rudell. I really like the recipes in this book. I already have made several of them and loved them all. Now that I have my new dehydrator I can make some of the other recipes that look so wonderful.  I added an extra ingredient,to her recipe for the carrot salad, sprouted brown lentils. I always have to add in some of my sprouts to most of my recipes. I love my sprouts!! Here is the recipe:

Eastern Exotic Carrot Salad

1 Cup organic sprouted brown lentils (my addition)
2 lbs organic carrots, shredded
4 T First Cold Pressed EVOO
2 T fresh squeezed organic lemon juice
2 T Bragg's apple cider vinegar
2 T cold pressed sesame oil
2 tsp organic Tamari wheat free
1 1/2 tsp organic miso paste
1/2 Cup finely chopped organic sweet onion
2 T fresh organic parsley
1/4 tsp fresh organic tarragon

Prepare the vegetables and herbs and put into a large mixing bowl. Whisk together the oils, lemon juice, miso, tamari and vinegar. Pour over vegetables and mix well. Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend. Enjoy!
~JMJ~ Today I am grateful for our local raw and living foods group. I am learning and growing so much thanks to all of the wonderful members. Peace and Eat More Raw!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining