Raw Tacos

Raw Tacos.....I LOVE raw tacos!!!!

When the family has their traditional chicken tacos I make a raw taco recipe for myself. I absolutely LOVE this raw taco recipe. It is so simple and has so much flavor. I wrap it up in romaine leaves or even collard leaves that have the tough spine removed. I also have two recipes for nacho sauces that can be drizzled on top, but I never seem to get around to making the sauce because I gobble these up so quickly. I don't think they need any sauce personally but if you are or were a cheese person, I would make a nacho sauce. I will post two recipes for nacho sauces. I am going to try them both very soon. I have been wanting to use them for dipping fresh veggies and also on top of a veggie burger. When the family grills I like to make my veggie burgers. A lot of grilling will be going on this holiday weekend, so I guess I better get to making some of this sauce. Here are the recipes:

Raw Tacos

2 Cups raw walnuts, soaked
1/4 Cup cilantro, chopped
1-2 T Organic Tamari or Nama Shoyu
1/4 Cup organic raw corn (optional)
1 T cumin powder
1 T coriander powder

Process with the "S" blade all of the ingredients. Pulse it till chopped. Spoon the taco filling onto a romaine leaves or collard leaves that have the center rib removed. Drizzle with nacho sauce, top with chopped tomatoes, onion and  shredded lettuce. Enjoy!


Cheezy Hemp Nacho Sauce
(from Kristen's Raw)
Yield approx. 1 1/2 Cups

1/3 Cup water
1 clove garlic
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 red bell pepper, seeded and rough chopped
1 cup Nutiva Hemp Seeds
2 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast flakes (these are not raw)
1 T Simply Organic brand of chili powder
2 tsp Organic Tamari
1/2 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp turmeric

Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Can be stored in refrigerator for 4-5 days.


Nacho Sauce

1/2 Cup water
1/2 Cup pine nuts, soaked
1/2 Cup sunflower seeds, soaked
1 T miso or to taste
1 clove garlic
1 T fresh lemon juice
fresh jalapeno pepper, deseeded and no white flesh
1/2 a red bell pepper
Blend all well till creamy.


Have a great Fourth of July and a happy raw day! Peace and Eat More Raw.
~JMJ~ Today I am grateful for my morning workout. It gave me the time I needed to destress. No one likes a stressed Mommy, right?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining