Christus Mansionem Benedicat

May Christ Bless this Home! Today we celebrate the Epiphany (January 6, traditional). There are many customs that surround Epiphany, but in our home we stick to a very simple and beautiful one, one that I look forward to each new year. This is the day that we, as Catholic Christians, do our annual blessing of our home. We only need holy water, some chalk, and the lyrics to "We Three Kings". My family won't let me sing because I sound like a wounded animal, so we skip the song and sing it at Mass with the entire church instead; then my horrible voice is not heard.
We gather at the front door and with the chalk, mark over the front door:
20 + C + M + B + 11
representing the year, and the blessing Christus mansionem benedicat (May Christ bless this house). The crosses represent each season of the year.The letters represent the traditional names of the Wise Men--Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar.

These Have Been Passed Down in My Family
+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for our home and the shelter that it provides. May God bless it with peace and safety. Bless this house through all the days to come!
JESUS, MARY, JOSEPH, PRAY FOR US.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining