Farmer's Market Organic Sweet Potato Chips

I have been having fun making several recipes from Stephanie Tourles book titled, RAW ENERGY 124 Raw Food Recipes for Energy Bars, Smoothies, and Other Snacks to Supercharge Your Body. How's that for a title?!
Last Saturday I went to the Farmer's Market and loaded up on the organic produce so I could make some more recipes from her book.
I also have been having a blast with my dehydrator this winter. I said I was going to make some sweet potato chips soon and I decided to use the recipe found in RAW ENERGY. The recipe is for "Sweet Potato Chili Chips". They turned out wonderful! I have four more organic sweet potatoes left from the Farmer's market so I can make another batch. Very happy about that.
The recipe calls for 2 large sweet potatoes but I used 4 small ones. I sliced them very thin using my slicer from Pampered Chef and then coated them with EVOO, chili powder, sea salt, and a small amount of wheat free Tamari. I layed them out on the mesh dehydrator screens and dehydrated them for 16 hours. They were perfectly crisp and very delicious. I stored the chips in an airtight container and they should last for 1 week or so. Yeah right, mine were gone in 2 days! 
I love how the author adds tidbits of nutritional information for each recipe. She states that sweet potatoes are a good source of:
Antioxidants
Vitamin C
Vitamin B
Potassium
Iron
Slow-release carbohydrates and
Fiber

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for the ability to learn from disagreements. I love the words of Terri Trespicio, "Disagreements offer invaluable insights. Don't avoid them-study them." 
 Guess it's time for me to study!!

Comments

kelli said…
yum, i'll be trying these!
RunnerBeanGreen said…
They really look delicious! i'll second that Kelli!

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining