Farmer's Market Papaya Soup

Papaya Sunset Soup

The farmer's market had some sensational organic papaya and I just had to try this magnificent soup. The trend seems to be recipes from Raw Energy this week.
I have been having a blast trying all of her recipes. Every single one has been amazing. My goal is to eventually prepare each and every recipe in the book. There is not one that does not intrigue me.
Plan ahead when making this soup as it does need to chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Did you know that papayas are a good source of digestive enzymes, carotenoids and natural sugars, plus vitamin C, potassium, folic acid, calcium and fiber. I learned all of this by reading the author's nutritional tidbits that she puts on each page. She went on to say that regular consumption of papaya will greatly benefit the condition of hair, skin, and nails.
Here is the recipe for Papaya Sunset Soup,  by Stephanie Tourles.
 (I called mine Farmer's Market Papaya Soup)
3 medium papayas (I used 1 large organic)
1/3 C filtered water
2 T fresh lime juice
2 T raw honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp sea salt
Slice papaya in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Scoop out all of the flesh and put into a blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend until creamy smooth. Allow to chill, covered, in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
Yield 2 servings

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for fresh organic produce, watching my three youngest guzzle down my fresh carrot apple ginger juice and my delicious breakfast; a cherry collard smoothie! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining