Asian Citrus Salad

Today's lunch inspiration came from a vegan magazine titled "Healing Foods". It had a lot of cooked foods in it and only a few salads so I opted not to buy it. I was happy to see an article on sea vegetables, but the recipes were for using it cooked. I eat my sea vegetable raw so all of their vital nutrients are intact. I was a bit baffled with the title, "Healing Foods" since the majority of the foods were cooked??  But I did take the time to make note of a fantastic looking salad. I changed it a bit and love how it tasted. I really like that the dressing is oil free. The original recipe called for arugula but I used mixed baby greens. It also called for shallots but I only had one scallion left so I substituted that instead. I also added a pummelo and a clementine in addition to the grapefruit and orange that it called for. And of course I had to add some fresh home grown sprouts!! The dressing is definitely Asian style so I will call it "Asian Citrus Salad". Here is how I put mine together:

Asian Citrus Salad
mixed baby greens
1 pummelo, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 small grapefruit, peeled, seeded and chopped
1  clementine
1 scallion, finely chopped
8 mint leaves, finely sliced into ribbons
1/4 C raw soaked and dehydrated almonds, slightly ground
1 T raw sesame seeds
radish sprouts, for some extra heat

Plate the baby mixed greens and top them with the remaining ingredients. Drizzle on the Oil Free Asian Dressing.

Oil Free Asian Dressing
2 T raw agave or raw honey
1 1/2 T lime or lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1 T Wheat Free Tamari
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, use more if you like it spicy and hot
1/2 tsp sea salt

In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients.

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for silence.

Comments

Eleni said…
i like your addition of radish sprouts to this all star team. that kick of heat is always welcome in my kitchen;)
blessedmama said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your salad, so fresh and healthy. I have found more vegan/raw, Christian homeschoolers through blogs than I ever did with previous searches. Yay!

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining