Avocado Tacos

This was an impromptu lunch and I am very pleased with the result. I used what I had on hand and threw together this easy raw taco recipe. Romaine hearts served as the taco shells and the fillings were;
*Bubbies Kraut
*1 avocado
*fresh cilantro
*radish sprouts for some heat
*fenugreek sprouts
*sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
It is simple foods like this that really make raw living foods so enjoyable. I could taste the flavor of each individual ingredient and there was no competition. If you have not tried real sauerkraut with avocado you are missing out on something truly spectacular. Of course it would be even better if it were my own fermented cabbage, but hey I can only do so much. Some day I will get back to fermentation. For now I am thankful for Bubbies.





































+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for cool, crisp weather--the kind where we can open the windows and feel almost zero humidity!! Very nice.

Comments

Catherine said…
What a great idea! I'll make this for dinner! I LOVE your recipes, Elizabeth!
Cynthia said…
Great Idea. I'll have to try it minus the avocado.
I needed an idea for my Bubbies.
amy said…
Elizabeth!!

Thank you for your lovely comments! They make my day :D
I think you had it right from the beginning, wheat IS terrible. I recently watched something that was, funny enough NOT promoting a gluten-free diet, but spoke truthfully about its symptoms. It listed off dozens of diseases, including an auto-immune disorder, and the woman narrating said that many doctors continue to administer drugs for this illnesses, but they can be cured by a simple self-diagnosed trial by removing wheat. One of them was anemia, and that has been a reoccurring issue I've been researching. I was shocked that I was showing low signs of iron in my blood test because the amount of greens I was consuming was vast. Now without wheat (which I'm determined to continue), I want to take another blood test and see if there is a change in iron levels!
I'll keep you posted, thank you for being inspiring with this recipe btw.

-Amy :)
Lovely!! And I love Bubbies! :)
Raw_Girl said…
Looks so fresh and creative. what is bubbies kraut?
Elizabeth said…
Hi Amy,
I found this video while researching something else on-line. I am sure you know all of this but sometimes it is helpful to hear again which fruits and vegetables that are high in Iron.
Peace & Raw GF Health,
E
http://www.ehow.com/video_4986047_increase-iron-intake.html
Elizabeth said…
Hi Raw Girl,
Bubbies Kraut can be found at Whole Foods in the refrig. section. It is just cabbage and salt, fermented = tons of probiotics. It is the closest to homemade that I have found. Our 4 yr old and 6 yr old have it everyday--sometimes with breakfast after their green smoothie!! I hope you can find it, it is soooo delicious.
Peace & Raw Health,
E
kelli said…
those look delicious! i found the fenugreek sprouts to be a little bitter but perfect on my salads. i will definitely make them again. i'm sprouting radish next! we are on the same sprout wavelength here, i'm just a bit behind! and i've got kraut fermenting.=)
blessedmama said…
I'll have to check out Bubbies, thanks for the tip. The tacos look great, and what a healthy alternative to shells!
Anonymous said…
These look delicious! Gotta love tacos :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining