Baby Blueberry Brownie Balls

Well, it is day two of kicking the coffee habit again and I had another wicked headache but not quite as bad as yesterdays. But I am happy to say I didn't miss the cup of French Roast!! This has been quite easy with the exception of the pain in my head. I am hopeful that tomorrow will be much better.
To cheer me up and get my mind off the pain I made a batch of Baby Blueberry Brownie Balls. I watched the Hot Raw Chef video submitted by Megan Elizabeth and used her recipe. She puts strawberries inside her balls/bites but I didn't have any so I used organic blueberries. I can't find affordable organic strawberries right now and I just don't want to feed my kids conventional ones--pesticide overload! Plus I wanted to make these "Baby Balls" so my little ones could just pop one in their mouth and gobble them up without having to worry about the choking factor.


















Here is how I put these together:

Baby Blueberry Brownie Balls
10 pitted Medjool dates
3/4 C raisins
2 tsp carob
pinch of sea salt (not in original recipe)
1/4 C shredded coconut
1/4 C shredded coconut ground fine in a coffee grinder (reserve)
28 or more organic blueberries
In a small food processor, process the dates, raisins, carob, shredded coconut, and the sea salt. It will turn into a sticky dough. Spoon out about one teaspoonful, flatten into a round cookie shape, place one blueberry in the middle and then form the dough around the berry covering it entirely with the dough. Next, roll the ball into the finely ground, reserved coconut. Repeat with remaining dough and blueberries. Allow to chill in refrigerator for two-three hours. Enjoy!

All of the kids loved these and they were gone in one day. They were asking for more! I had only made half a batch to "try them out"; I should have known better and made the full batch. I would really recommend trying this recipe. It is a good raw dessert that requires no nuts or oils, that is hard to find sometimes. It seems like most raw desserts require nuts and I have heard from quite a few people that they cannot eat nuts or simply choose not to when living this raw, vegan, living foods lifestyle.
+JMJ+Today I am grateful for the pain--I know it is one step closer to better health!

Comments

Anonymous said…
oh no! i had a punnet of organic blueberries but they went into this morning's smoothie
Elizabeth said…
Oh well--I'm having a blueberry collard smoothie right now too, CHEERS!
Peace & Raw Health,
Elizabeth
Catherine said…
I have everything I need to try those tomorrow! Thanks for another great recipe!
Elizabeth said…
That's great! I hope you all enjoy them as much as we did. They are really yummy. Best if really chilled well.
Peace,
Elizabeth
Cynthia said…
Looks great I love the Hot Raw Chef videos. I'll have to give these a try. I too feel a little heavy with nuts lately great alternative.
Peace C
Raw_Girl said…
Fantastic. Cant believe its raw! Nice to run into your blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining