Morning Chia


Friday Morning Chia

I had to laugh the other day when my husband walked into the kitchen and with surprise in his voice said, "Why did you buy pink salt??" My daughter and I had gone for the first time to World Market. I went crazy in the spice isle and found a great price on their Himalayan salt--aka "pink salt". So what does pink salt have to do with my Friday morning chia? It tastes amazing in this recipe. I only used the slightest pinch and boy did it make all of these flavors pop. I can't believe after living the raw foods lifestyle for 16 months now this is the first time I have bought Himalayan Salt. I have been fine using sea salt all these months but have always wanted to try this beautiful "pink" salt. If you want to educate yourself on salt and their differences, check out this video. Very informative!! If you haven't thrown out your "table salt" yet, save it and use it to scour your sink or bath tub with. It doesn't belong in your body so you might as well not waste it, just clean with it and then get yourself some Himalayan salt. Look at these facts regarding Himalayan Salt; I found it on Mercola's site. Man, I never knew there was so much to learn about salt!!
"This salt from the Himalayas is known as "white gold." Together with pure spring water, Himalayan Crystal Salt offers all the natural elements exactly identical to the elements in your body -- the very same elements originally found existing in the "primal sea."
Containing all of the 84 elements found in your body, the benefits of natural Himalayan Crystal Salt include:
Regulating the water content throughout your body.
Promoting a healthy pH balance in your cells, particularly your brain cells.
Promoting blood sugar health and helping to reduce the signs of aging.
Assisting in the generation of hydroelectric energy in cells in your body.
Absorption of food particles through your intestinal tract.
Supporting respiratory health.
Promoting sinus health.
Prevention of muscle cramps.
Promoting bone strength.
Regulating your sleep -- it naturally promotes sleep.
Supporting your libido.
Promoting vascular health.
In conjunction with water it is actually essential for the regulation of your blood pressure."
Here is another article discussing the differences between sea salt and Himalayan salt that I found here.
Salt is salt. . . right?

My Name is Walt Ingvoldstad and I am a Natural Health Therapist & Coach. Himalayan Salt is one of my 5 most recommended food/frequency substances that contribute to robust vitality, mental clarity and high immune function or illness/cold/flu prevention.
Allow me to give you a broad description of Himalayan Salt, why it is a unique type of salt and why it is so very important to have some every day.
Himalayan salt is profoundly amazing. It is 200 Million plus years old and has been nurtured by earth energy and pressure over this time. This ancient sea salt has been alchemized over millions of years into a special energized crystalline form in a process analogous to how coal gradually becomes a diamond. The 84 minerals in this salt are in an ionic form which is molecular instead of colloidal like regular sea salt. It is therefore more easily absorbable and much more use-able by our bodies than any sea salt. Sea salt because of its relatively large size is difficult for the body to digest and use whereas ionic Himalayan salt is molecular and virtually no digestion is required.
Why not ingest sea salt? Sea salt may dehydrate the body whereas Himalayan salt actually hydrates our tissue! Sea salt is difficult to digest and assimilate for our bodies because it is not At the organic mineral electrolyte size which is immediately usable in our blood and cells. No digestion is required for Himalayan Salt. It is therefore immediately available for use throughout the body shortly after drinking some dissolved in water – unlike sea salt! When in solution with water it becomes a solution referred to as Sole, which is electrical in nature and no longer molecular! Because the sole is electrical in nature, it therefore imparts energy for our bodies to use that other foods do not contain. Many sensitive people feel the energy from the salt immediately upon drinking a glass of the water with sole added – I find this is true for at least 1 of 10 people who sample it when I am present. See how you feel after drinking it!
Peter Ferreira is a biological physicist who collaborated with Dr. Barbara Hendel on the book, “Salt and Water”. He discusses how the Himalayan Crystal salt has a near perfect crystalline structure – unlike sea salt that contributes the unique crystalline energy to the salt water matrix which then contributes to our energy for up to 24 hours or more. Sea salt does not have the energetic nature of the Himalayan Salt. Sea salt is still an important nutrient that feeds the pro-biotics or friendly bacteria in our digestive tract. Himalayan salt is often directly absorbed right through our stomach lining before reaching our digestive tract especially when consumed in water on an empty stomach. It has an immediate, profound beneficial effect upon our blood health and immediately stimulates our red blood cells thereby activating the efficiency of our oxygen transport system!
Minerals are the foundational nutrient for the entire body. Every process in the body requires minerals and enzymes. Studies have shown that everyone with a disease has at least one major mineral deficiency. Mineral deficiencies are also present with those dying of natural causes. Organic minerals at a molecular level are also referred to as electrolytes. When we look at the word electro-lytes we can see this: Electrons “turning” the lights on --- eg. We ARE electrical energy beings first and foremost and these electrolytes help to increase our energy, balance and add to every system of our body thru the action of there vibration or the unique signature of each of the 84 minerals that are present and their associated electrons."


Enough about salt, let's get back to my Friday morning chia. I love how simple and quick this recipe is. It would be a great recipe to have when traveling. You could whip this together anywhere as it requires no kitchen appliances, just a knife to dice your apple. I always pack my sprouts when we travel, so you could even have those available if you pre-plan --very important to eat your sprouts EVERYDAY!! I began by soaking my chia in some water with a pinch of the Himalayan salt. I topped that with some sunflower and pumpkin seeds and my own sprouted and dehydrated Buckwheat Crispies. I let the chia do its thing in the water and returned 10 minutes later to add: Gogi berries, organic raisins, one red apple and my fresh homegrown sunflower sprouts. I have a feeling this chia cereal will keep me satisfied long into the afternoon (eating it as I type this). I love how chia keeps me full for long periods of time. I usually will eat it on days that are jam packed with activities knowing I won't have to worry about getting hungry while running around. I am one of those people who tends to forget to pack snacks for myself. I am always so worried about remembering all of the kids stuff that Mom gets put to the side sometimes.
Here is my simple recipe for Morning Chia.

Morning Chia
1/4 C chia seeds
1/2 C spring water
pinch of Himalayan Salt--pink salt :)
1/8 C raw pumpkin seeds, soaked
1/8 C raw sunflower kernals, soaked
1/8 C organic raisins, soaked
1/8 C Gogi berries, soaked
1 organic red apple, diced
palmful of sunflower sprouts

Soak the chia seeds and pink salt in the water for 10 minutes. Top with the Buckwheat Crispies, pumpkin seeds, sunflower kernals, raisins, and Gogi berries. Stir well. Add the diced apple and sunflower sprouts. Enjoy!

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for learning about nearly perfect salt. I am amazed at the new things I am learning everyday while journeying down the path of raw living foods. Who knew I needed to study and learn so much just to nourish and feed my family the best that I can?!  And I thought I was learning a great deal educating my kids at home--this food thing is right up there with home education! I am loving this journey!


Comments

kelli said…
yum yum! i enjoyed chia for breakfast too, with hemp seeds and blueberries. love how you added sprouts! great photos!!!
Katie said…
The sprouts look gorgeous in that dish! I love eating pretty things.

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining