My Cherry Green Goodness Posted on Blend It And Mend It























I posted a few days ago about a great site I found called Blend It and Mend It. Well, now she has show cased two of my smoothie recipes!! She videos her recipes and also viewer submitted recipes, demonstrating how to make wonderfully healthy and delicious smoothies and green drinks. A recent video is of my cherry smoothie that I wrote in to tell her about.

Elizabeth's Cherry Green Smoothie
2 C spring water
1 10 oz bag of organic cherries
2 ripe bananas
3 handfuls of organic spinach
1 T chia seeds
1 T hemp seeds
1T sprouted and dehydrated raw buckwheat (buckwheat crispies posted here)
1 tsp pure vanilla or almond extract (we use almond primarily)
Blend until creamy smooth. Enjoy!

I love how Jane improvises, using what she has on hand when recreating other's recipes. She has made some good substitutions. Go to her site and watch the video. My recipe calls for hemp seeds and she substituted sesame. Did you know that a 2 tablespoon serving of hemp has 5 grams of complete protein including all eight amino acids and 880 mg of omega 3's?? And one tablespoon of raw sesame seeds contains as much calcium as 5 cups of (toxic) cow's milk!!
When you go to Jane's site plan on spending some time there, she has fabulous recipes that you are going to want to write down. Trust me, I went through all of her previous posts and wrote down all of the recipes into my raw  spiral notebook. You won't be disappointed.
Here is the other video she made for her smoothie recipe that called for grapefruit and I suggested she try substituting my beloved Pummelo! You can view that here. Her original recipe called for spinach, I think, but this time she used parsley.
+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for a beautiful female cardinal who sang me the sweetest song this morning when I opened up the kitchen window. This has happened to me several times before, but it is still just as special as the first time.

Comments

Mr. H. said…
Cherry and spinach does sound like a good combination and one that I will have to try this summer...very nice.
Anonymous said…
This smoothie looks wonderful :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining