Revved Up, Pumped Up, Juiced Up Morning

This morning I was all fired up and ready to make some super charged juice for the family. I juiced up:
2 lbs of organic carrots
1 organic red apple
2 clementines
1 large Meyer lemon, skin on!
large handful of parsley, with stems

We all just guzzled it down so quickly and it was amazing. Still being fired up for some greens and fruits, I decided to make a green smoothie. I wanted to incorporate some of the Chia Goodenss that I posted about the other day.



 I know people add chia to their smoothies but I thought it would be great to also have the buckwheat and hemp that is in this particular Chia Goodness mix. This smoothie was so creamy and delicious it tasted like a raspberry milkshake. Here is my recipe for our
 Revved Up Saturday Morning Green Smoothie:
4 large collard leaves, remove stems
3 C water
4 pitted Medjool dates
4 bananas
1 T vanilla extract
2 hands full of organic raspberries
1/2 scoop of Vega (plain)
2 T Chia Goodness
1 C ice
+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for the beautiful songs of the cardinal and mockingbird that greeted me this morning when I opened the kitchen window. We have a cabbage palm right outside the kitchen window and it is a favorite hang out for birds of all kinds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining