Maple Cinnamon Flax Crackers

Keep these hidden or they are sure to get gobbled up! They are not totally raw of course, because of the pure maple syrup, but they are still a better cracker than any processed one, in my humble opinion. I got the idea from Foods Alive. . They have all kinds of flax crackers and I just took one of their flavors, looked up the ingredient list and made up the proportions. Well, they turned out great. And how easy, three ingredients! Flax, pure maple syrup and cinnamon powder. I poured 2 cups of organic, golden flax seeds into a mixing bowl. I barely covered the flax seeds with filtered water. I let them sit and get gelled up for about 30 minutes. Next I stirred in 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup and 2 T cinnamon powder. I spread the mixture onto two Teflex dehydrator trays and dehydrated until crispy. These store beautifully in an air tight container at room temp.
I was able to make a large batch of these for way less than one bag of theirs. If you wanted to make these 100% raw you could use plain steevia to sweeten and then add in a pure maple extract perhaps. I am not worried about the maple syrup, I use it in small amounts every so often. It isn't anything to get stressed about. I am not trying to be a raw food purist here, just a healthy person who eats as much living foods as possible and shares them with her family. Give these crackers a try, I know you will love them. Peace and Raw Health!

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for my neighbor who went out and foraged for green coconuts for me. Thanks Fred, love yah!!

Comments

Cynthia said…
Those look great. I'm seriously considering a dehydrator!!! I know I said I would never but I think I really want one now!!!
Peace Cynthia
kelli said…
mmm i love maple syrup, and flax crackers are so easy to make. those sound delicious!
HiHoRosie said…
ooh Yum! I'm going to have to make these.

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining