10 Days 100% Simply Raw--Day 6

Meal #1 Strawberry Banana Mylkshake Smoothie
For this meal I started by making a batch of fresh vanilla almond mylk. It is so easy to just fill the blender with 16 oz filtered water, throw in a large handful of soaked and sprouted raw almonds and blend into creamy goodness. Next I strained out the pulp using a nut milk bag. Back in the blender went the mylk and I added 2 medjool dates, powdered vanilla and a pinch of sea salt. Blend well.
We used the mylk in our green smoothie this morning. It was more like a milkshake than a smoothie and it was spectacular.

Strawberry Banana Mylkshake
by Elizabeth @ rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com

16 oz fresh raw almond mylk
8 oz frozen strawberries
3 ripe bananas, frozen are better!
2 C kale
2 T chia
2 T flax

Blend until creamy in high speed blender. Enjoy!


So what do you do with the leftover almond pulp?

You make a Banana Kream Pie and Raw Cookie Dough Bites of course!
For the pie I started with a simple nut free crust made of just Medjool dates and raw coconut. I used my small food processor to make the sticky "dough" for the crust and then pressed it into a glass pie dish.
Next I sliced a large banana and placed the slices on top of the crust and spread on top a filling made from half of the the pulp.(Save the other half of pulp for the cookies)
For the filling I used half of the nut pulp and added 1 banana, 3 medjool dates and a pinch of sea salt. I processed that in the same small food processor and spread it over the sliced bananas and crust.
Place pie in the refrigerator to set for 3 hours. Right before serving garnish the pie with more bananas.
For the Raw Cookie Dough Bites use the remaining half of nut pulp and mix it in a food processor with some raw oats, vegan chips, pinch of sea salt, date paste to sweeten and some raw coconut flakes. Roll into balls and chill in refrigerator for 3 hours.


We had these for dessert today after our evening meal. Very good!

Meal #2 Lunch with Harry and David

Lunch consisted of two large Harry and David pears. I peeled them because they are not organic and I simple sliced them up and ate them as is. Now that is SIMPLE!

Meal #3 Minn Inspired Pate

I posted some time ago about an amazing Pate made by Minn. I used her recipe for inspiration tonight but changed it up a bit.
In a small food processor I added:
1/2 C soaked sunflower seeds and raw almonds
1 organic carrot, chopped
2 sprigs of garlic greens, grown by our oldest son
small slice of sweet onion
4 EVOO cured sun dried tomatoes
2 leaves of fresh sage
2 leaves of fresh basil
Process into a Pate in a food processor. Spread onto some collard leaves.
Top the Pate with some sunflower greens.


Roll up tightly.

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for a nice chat with my neighbor!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That smoothie looks delicious! I think I'm going to have to try making my own almond milk soon. You make it sound so easy!
Kris said…
I wish I had your discipline when it came to my diet. I have gotten better since I started growing my own veggies, but you take it to the next level. Good stuff.
bitt said…
Thanks for posting this, I am doing a 100% raw stint right now too, and this is great for meal ideas. I love how the collard wraps look.

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining