Bean Free, Oil Free Raw Hummus

Today I played around with Choosing Raw's recipe for zucchini hummus. I started making her original recipe but decided to add some tahini, hemp and additional spices. The original recipe was too bland for me, I LOVE loads of tahini in my hummus and lots of seasoning.
Here is how I made my version of:

Bean Free, Oil Free Raw Hummus Dip
by Elizabeth @ rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com

1/2 C soaked and sprouted raw almonds
2 T hemp seeds, Nutiva
2 small organic zucchini
1 clove garlic
cumin to taste
sea salt to taste
pepper to taste
1 tsp onion powder
2 small Meyers lemons, juiced
2 heaping T raw tahini, Artisana is nice!
pinch of chili powder

Process the ingredients in a small food processor until creamy smooth. If needed you can add small amounts of water as it is processing to get it the consistency you desire. I only had to add about a tablespoon of water to mine.

Use as a dip with cucumber, celery and carrot sticks. Before serving you could add some diced olives as a garnish as well as some diced tomato. I used the leftovers the next day to make some killer collard wraps for the hubby and me. Look for that post next!

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for caring, giving people.

Comments

kelli said…
that sounds good with the hemp seeds. i tried making a raw hummus once and didn't care for it too much. i love chick peas so i think i will always prefer the cooked version.
queenofkale said…
Everytime I make this hummus, it is very watery. I am looking forward to trying your recipe as I have never put almonds in it. It sounds yummy.

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining