Sunny Tomato Salad



I usually grow my sunflower greens in black sprouting trays like these, right in the house, but I tried growing them on the porch this time.


My black trays are being used for growing wheat grass so until I order more I will be using some new pots on the porch for the sunflower greens.

One of my favorite things to sprout are sunflower greens! I just love them. I use them in collard wraps, green smoothies, on top of salads and as a salad themselves--garnished with various herbs or vegetables/fruits. Today I made a simple sunflower green and "Santa Grape Tomato" salad.


Sunny Tomato Salad

2 C sunflower greens
1 stalk organic celery, chopped
1 C "Santa Grape Tomatoes", sliced
Himalayan salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper to taste
Drizzle of fresh lemon juice
Enjoy!

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for my children.


Comments

kelli said…
looks yummy! i can't wait for tomato season here!

i'm growing a small tray of wheatgrass to see if kati-cat will eat it. she's been trying to munch on my plants and i've read cats eat greens to help with digestion. let's see if she eats the ones she's allowed to!=)

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining