Another Fruity Green Salad

I am in a phase of craving these fruity green salads lately. I try to listen to my body because it always tells me what I need. At the moment it is greens with fruit.
Never under estimate the power of fresh herbs with fruit or any salad for that matter. Just by adding some fresh herbs to one freshly juiced orange you have a no fat, super tasty dressing. The burst of flavor that the herbs and citrus add makes you feel like there is a rich dressing on top when in fact you are getting the added bonus of another fruit and green serving in your salad vs a toxic and fatty bottled dressing.
Those little crunchy morsels that you see are my beloved Buckwheat Crispies.  I have a post explaining how I make these. For your convience here is the recipe:

Buckwheat Crispies

1 pound buckwheat groats

Directions:Put buckwheat groats in a large bowl and fill to the top with water. The buckwheat will double in size, so use plenty of water to keep it submerged.
Rinse the buckwheat every few hours to remove the thick slimy layer. Cover again with fresh water. Let it soak a total of 6-8 hours.
Rinse the soaked buckwheat thoroughly again, after the 6-8 hours of soak time. Using your Excalibur dehydrator, place a teflex sheet or wax paper over the mesh screens so the buckwheat won't fall through. Spread the buckwheat out onto the trays and dehydrate 3-4 hours or until completely dry at 104 degrees. Once cooled, store in an airtight container in the pantry. Should keep for 6-9 months.

Fruity Green Salad

by Elizabeth @ rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com

3 C sunflower greens
3 bananas
1 C organic strawberries

Dressing:

2-3 T fresh oregano
juice of one orange



+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for waking up feeling refreshed and ready to accomplish my goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining