Fruit Soups

I was preparing the family dinner the other day and I was starving!! I whipped up this amazing raw soup in less than 1 minute and continued to prep the dinner--no kidding. Here is how it came together:
I washed 1 cup of organic blueberries and 1 cup organic raspberries; into a bowl they went. In my personal sized blender I blended 2 organic bananas with a small handful of both blueberries and raspberries; poured it over top of the berries in the bowl and I was chowing down in less than a minute!! Quick and DELICIOUS!

Berry Soup

by Elizabeth @ rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com

1 Cup organic blueberries (reserve a few for soup)
1 Cup organic raspberries (reserve a few for soup)
2 organic bananas
water for blending (2 Tbsp more or less)
In a bowl place the raspberries and blueberries.
Next, in a personal size blender, blend the 2 bananas and a few blueberries and raspberries with a tablespoon or two of water just to get it blending. Blend until smooth and pour over the bowl full of berries. Enjoy!

A few days later I made this ultra simple fruit soup--extra chunky.

Banana Celery Soup

by Elizabeth @ rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com

3 organic bananas, dice 2 of them reserve 1
5 stalks of organic celery, diced  (use the inner, tender stalks) 
Juice of 1 orange
Blend the 1 banana with the OJ in a small blender. Pour over top the diced bananas and celery. Enjoy the simplicity! It is amazingly good.

For you fig lovers here is a variation to the above banana celery soup that I made today for lunch. Simply add 6-8 diced black mission figs--fresh figs!! They are popping up in grocery stores now so gobble them up while you can. Right now at our local grocery store they are buy one package get one free!!


+JMJ+ Today I am grateful the hurricane was uneventful. Just a little flooding in the neighborhood--could have been much worse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining