Incan Berry Tabbouleh Salad



I placed an order with Sunfood last week and today I was so happy to see the package at the front door! I just had to try two new "superfoods" that I read about on their site. The one I will talk about today is the Incan Berry. I purchased an 8 oz bag containing 8 servings; 1 oz per serving. In that serving you get:
11 grams of fiber
2 grams of protein
30 % Vitamin A
10 % Vitamin C
6 % Iron
Pectin
Bioflavonoids
Potassium
Phosphorous


Did you know that Incan berries were one of the few plant species cultivated at the Citadel of Machu Picchu? (we actually studied Machu Picchu in our home school history--kinda cool to have the kids taste the same food!)
Also, Incan berries possess adaptogenic properties to help assist the body with stress and circulation--I can use that!
I can describe the taste of these wonderful berries as a perfect blend between sweet and tart. Very delicious.
Today I decided to use them in a recipe. I like to call it Incan Berry Tabbouleh.

 

Incan Berry Tabbouleh

by Elizabeth @ rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com

1 very large cucumber, diced
1 carton of Grape Tomatoes
1 bunch of organic parsley, chopped fine--no stems
1/3 C Incan Berries, soaked for 20 minutes in water-drain
Splash of raw, unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (or use fresh lemon juice)

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, mix well. Allow to marinate 30 minutes and Enjoy!

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for this wonderful berry from a distant land.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining