Diced Pears and Sauce

Prior to my evening meal, which is usually greens and sprouts, I will have a fruit dish of some sort. I do this to make sure I get enough calories and healthy carbs, since a dinner of just greens and sprouts doesn't add up much in the calorie department.

This week I purchased two bags of organic pears from Trader Joe's and 2 cartons of organic strawberries. The combo of the two sounded really good tonight. Here is the super simple sauce I made to drizzle over top of three organic pears. It is simply amazing! The first bite said, "Strawberry shortcake!!" The dates sweetened it up so nicely it tasted just like the sweet sauce my grandmother use to make for her shortcake. Hers of course was sweetened with white sugar--big no no. Now we know better and sweeten things with delicious dates.

Strawberry Date Sauce


8 organic strawberries, with green tops
2 dates, soaked (keep soak water)
In a personal sized blender, blend the strawberries, dates and some of the soak water, only if needed, until smooth.




Pour over top of 3 organic pears that have been diced and enjoy with a spoon!!! Licking the bowl is optional.





+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for memories of grandma.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining