Satisfying My Craving for Mexican Cuisine

Every now and then I get a really bad craving for Mexican food. Of course I do not crave the sour cream, cheese, or animal flesh aspect of this type of food but I crave the general flavor that Mexican food has. So when that craving strikes I have two go-to recipes and this is one of them.
 I adore raw corn combined with tomato and cilantro. Add some cumin, hot sauce, a few other ingredients and I say, let's eat some RAW, vegan Mexican cuisine. It is basically a spruced up salsa that can be served two ways.

Let's get started with the veggies. I soaked my onion in some raw apple cider vinegar and water because it was really strong. Drain off the soak water and discard or keep for a non-toxic window cleaner. And I always soak the sun dried tomatoes in some purified water for about an hour, to plump them up.


 Next I used the food processor to chop the grape tomatoes. I added those to a mixing bowl with the raw corn.
Next step is to chop the cilantro in the food processor along with the white onion.
Finely dice the sun dried tomato with a very sharp knife and add those plus the onion and cilantro to the mixing bowl.
Lastly add some cumin and hot sauce to taste, and stir well.

You could serve this dish two ways. One way is to slice up 2 large cucumbers and use them as your "chips" to scoop up this amazing mixture.

Or you could stuff some raw red, yellow or orange peppers. I actually had it both ways!

Loaded Salsa

by Elizabeth @ rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com

2 C organic Grape Tomatoes
1/2 C raw organic corn, cut off cob
1 small sweet white onion
6 sun dried tomatoes, soaked in water for 1 hour--drain well
1 C fresh cilantro
cumin to taste
hot sauce to taste (technically not raw--could use red pepper flakes)
2 organic cucumbers, sliced into rounds
1-2 organic red, yellow or orange bell peppers, cut in half and remove seeds

Directions:
With a sharp knife cut the corn off the cob. Next, in a small food processor, pulse chop the grape tomatoes. Pour the tomatoes and corn into a mixing bowl. Next pulse chop the white onion in food processor adding cilantro last and pulse a few times. Add these to the mixing bowl. Using a sharp knife, finely chop the sun dried tomatoes, add to mixing bowl. Add some cumin and hot sauce to taste, stir all of the ingredients well. Serve with cucumber rounds as a salsa dip or stuff the bell peppers with the loaded salsa. Enjoy!


+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for family night out this past weekend. We all were together celebrating hubby's birthday. Happy Birthday honey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining