* Percent Daily Values are for adults or children aged 4 or older, and are based on a 2,000 calorie reference diet.
Source: USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 20.
Each "~" denotes a missing value.
Read more at http://www.healthaliciousness.com/nutritionfacts/nutrition-facts-compare.php#voUAlIVC8XKeCss1.99
Serves 3 or 1 hungry foodie (I eat the whole batch)
by Elizabeth @ rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com
3 organic bananas
1/4 oz frozen mango
1 T freshly ground flax seeds
3 C dandelion greens
a few drops of vanilla
water for blending, adjust for your desired consistency
Garnish: 6 oz fresh, organic blueberries
In a blender, blend all of the ingredients, except the blueberries. Pour into a bowl and garnish with the fresh blueberries. Enjoy!
You can be thinking of these positive benefits while munching on the garnish for this yummy soup:
(source: http://www.healthaliciousness.com/fruits/blueberry.php )
Health Benefits of Blueberries:
- Increased Immune Function
- Protection Against Heart Disease
- Alzheimer's Protection
- Osteoporosis Protection
- Antioxidant Protection
- Prevention of Epileptic Seizures
- Prevention of Alopecia (Spot Baldness) Packed with antioxidants, blueberries have been shown to reduce the risk of cancer, alleviate the effects of Alzheimer's, and may help prevent urinary tract infections. Furthermore, anthocyanins, proanthocyanidins, flavonols, and tannins found in blueberries have been shown to inhibit cancer cell development.
*Some of these health benefits are due to the nutrients highly concentrated in Blueberries, and may not necessarily be related to Blueberries.
Read more at http://www.healthaliciousness.com/fruits/blueberry.php#HAx3AhWveQo3CJXB.99
Also wanted to share this juicer giveaway contest. Click this link to enter!!
+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for AMAZINGLY good news from my Mom ;)