Easy as 1, 2, 3




3 Ingredient Salad

Organic cilantro or flat leaf parsley, rough chop

1 carton organic cherry tomatoes, halved

2-3 organic cucumbers, rough chop

Place everything in a bowl and dress with The World's Easiest Dressing.

 

The World's Easiest Dressing

Juice of 1 organic tangelo
 
 
 
I have been stressing how my diet has become so simple over the past several months due to me reading and studying about a low fat, raw, vegan diet. Even though my diet was not necessarily high fat, raw prior, it is just better now, eating the majority of my meals simply. In the past some of my recipes would have several ingredients and now they have as few as 2-4. 
I have to say that I haven't been happier with my food choices. My palate has changed even more than it did when I first started eating a raw diet almost 4 years ago. I have also noticed that I need considerably less food. With the exception of fruit mono meals. When I do have my fruit mono meals they are quite large!! But in general I seem to need less food. I went down to two main meals a day and no snacking in between. Whereas in the past I would have 3 raw meals a day and snack on fruit and veggies in between meals.
I am trying to follow my body's natural cycles throughout the day. Aiming to eat between midday and 5:30pm. Did you even know our bodies had natural cycles for digestion, absorption and elimination?? I didn't! Most people wouldn't, since our diets have been tainted with so many processed foods and toxins. No wonder so many people are constipated and suffering from dis-ease due to nutritional deficiencies and exposure to toxins in our foods and environment.
The light bulb went off for me about a month into my raw journey four years ago. I noticed a distinct pattern to my elimination--if you know what I mean. I began working like a well oiled machine and am forever grateful that it is still that way today.
So what are our cycles? Well they look a little like this (I am over simplifying here)

Digestion occurs midday to 8:00 pm

Absorption is between 8:00 pm and 4:00 am

Elimination is between 4:00 am to midday

I do my best not to eat during the absorption and elimination cycles. No late night snacking and no solids until I have achieved elimination. Making this simple change was literally life-changing for me. So many things improved on so many levels.
My first solid meal is considered a breakfast, I am breaking my fast, but it just isn't at the traditional time of day that most Americans consume breakfast.
In a future post I will outline just how a typical day plays out for me as far as my drinks and meals for the day.
 
  
 
 
+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for a most memorable graduation ceremony for our oldest child. I still am in denial that her home school journey is over and she will be off to college. So sad, yet so joyous.

Comments

Wonderful article! I appreciate you on sharing such wonderful article with us. Living raw and learning about it is a great idea.
Keep up the great writing.

FitnessTacoma
Elizabeth said…
Thank you very much!!
Your encouragement means a great deal.
Peace,
E

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining