Sweet Energy Soup

Today's green monster of a soup is a Sweet Energy Soup recipe that I created this morning by just listening to what my body was craving. This made a whopping 42 ounces of green goodness and YES, I ate it all myself....I can put away the raw foods! This will count as two meals, breakfast and lunch. I stay satisfied after eating this until dinner time.

My last post discussed the myth that is floating out there that one must consume animal flesh to get protein, well as the articles stated nothing could be further than the truth. I consume more absorbable protein as a vegan that any carnivore hands down. What about iron you might ask?? Don't worry, it's in the dark leafy greens and sprouts! No excuses, vegan is the way to go for optimal health.

 This soup is loaded with protein, vitamins, minerals, fiber, omega 3's, amino acids and enzymes--over the top nutrient dense. Give 100% vegan a try for a few days and you will not believe how fantastic you feel.

The nutrient breakdown of the sunflower greens is:

Nutritional info:
Vitamins A, B, C and E
Calcium, Chlorophyll, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium
Amino Acids
Protein: 20-25%

And the nutrient breakdown of the broccoli sprouts is:

Nutritional info:
Vitamins A, B, C, E and K
Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc Carotene, Chlorophyll, Trace Elements, Amino Acids Antioxidants
Protein: 35%

Here is my recipe for you to try. By the way, children LOVE this, 3 of my youngest all gather round me while I eat this begging for bites; even after they all just consumed their morning green smoothie!! They just love their greens--beautiful!


Sweet Energy Soup

by Elizabeth @ rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com

 

1/4 of a small Haas avocado

5 ripe bananas

2 C frozen mango

1/2 C raw cauliflower

3 C kale, organic

3 C sunflower greens (see past posts of mine on sprouting)

1/2 C broccoli sprouts

1/2 C purified water

2 T Organic India Whole Husk Psyllium Fiber

1 T chia seeds

 

Blend everything in a high speed blender, pour into a very large bowl and enjoy!


+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for the time I was able to spend with my beautiful niece. She came home from Spain and we were celebrating the fact that she just completed her Master's Degree in Madrid. Congratulations Elizabeth Ara!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining