Carrot Lemonade makes 32 oz
by Elizabeth @ rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com
(3) 16oz bags of organic carrots
2 small organic lemons
2 small tart, green, organic apples
Wash the carrots and cut off stem ends but do not peel. Wash the lemons and apples, cut into fourths.Run everything through a juicer and enjoy 32oz of pure bliss!!
1. Get Relief from Seasonal AllergiesGot hay fever? Carrot Juice offers powerful relief from numerous late summer ailments, like hay fever, as it detoxes your blood and reduces inflammation. Carrot juice clears heat and irritation from the respiratory tract, so you can breathe easy again and find relief from fall allergies.
2. Purify Your BloodThe juice's cool and alkalizing nature relaxes the skin and eyes, a sign of carrot's blood purifying properties that have made it famous. It is the 'king of juices', a nearly ubiquitous ingredient in juicing recipes.
Beta-carotene, which gives carrot juice its bright orange color, metabolizes into vitamin A when mixed with bile salts in the small intestine. Vitamin A is strongly Pitta reducing, nourishing to the liver, and purifying to the blood. Carrot Juice's mild bitter taste enhances this blood purifying effect as it gently cleanses the liver.
3. Carrot Juice for Your SkinTogether, these actions improve vision and complexion of the skin. Carrot helps make the skin noticeably softer, smoother, and firmer. Too much of the concentrated juice can turn your skin orange, but the effect is harmless. Some people actually like it because it gives the skin a tanned look.
During pregnancy carrot juice enhances baby's complexion while reducing the risk of jaundice. Carrot's purifying qualities also enhance the quality of the breast milk for nursing mothers.
4. Blood & Liver TonicThe blood purifying aspects together with carrot's sweetness make it an excellent blood and liver tonic. Carrots are ideal for liver deficiency, especially useful in the late summer dry season. To enhance this tonic effect, add blueberry juice, coconut water, and nettle tincture to your carrot juice elixir.
5. Stabilize Blood SugarDespite its sweetness, carrot stabilizes blood sugars levels. However it should be avoided by those with candida or other sugar sensitivities. One cup of carrot juice daily in the morning can help eliminate pinworms and roundworms in children. Carrots are high in anti-oxidants and have been promoted as anti-carcinogenic. They are rich in silicon and potassium.
The nutrients of carrots are more concentrate in and near the skin, so use unpeeled, organic carrots.
+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for Mason Anthony.