Coconut Mango Dream Smoothie



Today's recipe for the morning green smoothie came to me as I was putting things into the blender. I was craving the combo of fresh coconut mylk and the sweetness of mango. Since I only had raw, dried coconut in the house and no young Thai coconuts, I improvised and added half of a Haas avocado to the mix to give the mylk its creaminess. I also added 2 T of fresh, blond colored flax seeds to pump up the creaminess and nutrition for the kiddos and me. The end result was spectacular! I really suggest you give this recipe a try. Enjoy!






Coconut Mango Dream Smoothie

by Elizabeth @ rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com


5 ripe bananas


1 C filtered water


2 T blonde flax seeds, freshly ground only


1/2 of a small Haas avocado


3 C frozen mango


1/3 C raw, dried coconut


1 small piece of fresh vanilla bean


3 C baby Spring Mix greens

Blend all of the ingredients in a high speed blender until creamy, dreamy, smooth!! Enjoy the goodness.




+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for sitting on the sun drenched steps with my son helping him with his Saxon math correction. I have the best time relearning math all over again from a child's perspective when I "teach" my children. He does his lessons all on his own actually, but I do all of the correction/grading and in our house we "teach for mastery". So that means, they correct all missed problems until they get the correct answer. Works every time--we have some math wizards in this house because of that; and also due to the fact that the math program we use is one of the best! I am so grateful for that!! Considering I am brain dead when it comes to math :(

Comments

kelli said…
yum! i love mangoes. i saw a recipe with coconut and mango the other day and thought of you.=)

you must have a blast teaching your kids. i found myself relearning so much when i was a teacher. that is when i started to really make the connection that food is fuel - when i was teaching the kids about energy! i was no good at math, especially mental math, until i was a waitress. i had to give change on the spot and making mistakes could mean a loss of money for me, so that motivated me to really put my mind to it.=)
shannonmarie said…
That smoothie looks delicious. I might have to make one today.
Lisa Viger said…
Oh yum, this would be SO good :)
Linda said…
Terrific ingredients! Sounds delicious and healthy.

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining