I made a Vegan Vanilla Kream to dollop on top of my lovely pomegranate seeds. It was so delicious. Recipe below the video. Enjoy!
But before we get to the video, would you just look at the nutrition and protection that pomegranates offer!!
Health benefits of Pomegranate (source: http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/pomegranate.html)
- The fruit is moderate in calories; 100 g provides 83 calories, slightly more than that in the apples. It contains no cholesterol or saturated fats.
- It is rich source of soluble and insoluble dietary fibers, providing about 4 g per 100 g (about 12% of RDA), which aid in smooth digestive and bowel movements. The fruit is suggested by nutritionists in the diet for weight reduction and cholesterol controlling programs. Regular inclusion of fruits in the diets boosts immunity, improves circulation, and offers protection from cancers.
- Certain ellagitannin compounds such as Granatin B and Punicalagin are found abundantly in the pomegranate juice. Studies suggest that punicalagin and tannins are effective in reducing heart-disease risk factors by scavenging harmful free radicals from the human body.
- Total antioxidant strength of pomegranate fruit measured in terms of its oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) is 2341 µmol TE/100 g.
- The fruit is an also good source of antioxidant vitamin-C, provides about 17% per 100 g of daily requirement. Consumption of fruits rich in vitamin C helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents by boosting immunity.
- Regular consumption of pomegranate has also been found to be effective against prostate cancer, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), diabetes, and lymphoma.
- Further, it is an also good source of many vital B-complex groups of vitamins such as pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5), folates, pyridoxine and vitamin K, and minerals like calcium, copper, potassium, and manganese.
Vegan Vanilla Kreamby Elizabeth @rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com
In a personal size blender add:
4 pitted medjool dates
squeeze of lemon juice
splash of water
1 T hemp seeds
Blend all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Add water as needed to blend to desired consistency.
I used mine as a topping for the pomegranate seeds.
The combination was fantastic!
+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for the beginning of the Lenten season. I am looking forward to deepening my relationship with Our Lord as I find ways to improve on my spiritual life and my physical life simultaneously.