Saucy Tomatoes

Yesterday on Instagram I posted a picture of my Saucy Tomatoes and promised I'd share my recipe on the blog. The sauce is so simple, only 3 ingredients and 2 "spices". The key to this wonderful recipe is the tomatoes. You want to select big, juicy, ripe tomatoes. Fat Boy tomatoes or Ugly Ripe Tomatoes are a good choice; Beefsteak Tomatoes would be nice as well.


Saucy Tomatoes

by Elizabeth @rawlivingandlearning.BlogSpot.com
 
1 ripe Haas avocado
juice of 1 lime
4 sundried tomatoes (sulfite free)
1/2 Tablespoon of dill
1/2 Teaspoon of dried onion flakes
 
In a high speed blender, or small food processor, blend until creamy and thick. Add drops of water slowly if sauce initially is too thick. Slice your tomatoes into rounds and top with some sauce. Garnish with sprouts and basil. Makes enough sauce for 6 large tomato rounds. Enjoy!!!
 
 
 
I thought I'd share some beautiful photos from our trip up to the mountains this past May. I'll be doing a post about it soon and just how easy it is to keep living your same healthy lifestyle while on vacation. Peace.
 




 
 
+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for peace of mind and my ability to deal with stressful situations in a whole new, positive way. Learning each day!!!



Comments

kelli said…
mmm looks so fresh and yummy and i love how you served it in the tomato! pretty photos too! xoxoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining