Creamy Tomato Sauce (Vegan, Salt Free, Oil Free, Low Fat, Raw)

I love playing around in the kitchen and creating new raw recipes. Usually I make them up as I go along, tossing together ingredients, tasting, adding, changing, and discovering new tastes and textures. That is what I love about the raw vegan lifestyle, things never get boring.



Last night I was in the mood for Zoodles and wanted a creamy sauce that was very low in fat. I only used 1/4 of a small Haas avocado to give this sauce a really creamy texture. By adding in some leftover pieces of zucchini from the Zoodles you can use less avocado and still obtain a thick, creamy consistency. Here is the recipe:





 Creamy Tomato Sauce

by Elizabeth @rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com

1 small Heirloom tomato
1/4 of a small Haas avocado
5 sundried tomatoes
1 small clove of garlic
palm full of scallions
juice of half a lemon
1/2 cup of green zucchini
1/4 of a small orange bell pepper
fresh cracked black pepper
Water as needed for blending

Garnish: Portobello mushroom, broccoli sprouts, orange bell pepper

In my small Tribest blender carafe I blended all of the ingredients until thick and creamy. Served over Zoodle Pasta. Garnished with sliced portobello mushroom and the remaining orange bell pepper, and some broccoli sprouts. Or if you do not include mushrooms in your diet simply omit them as a garnish. I show the dish made both ways. 



Without Mushrooms



With Mushrooms



+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for children who are eager to learn and eager to do their best at their home studies. Makes my job a lot easier that's for sure!!!!

Comments

kelli said…
mmm, i could go for that right now! looks great!!!
Anonymous said…
I bought a spiralizer a while back and hadn't broken it in yet. Just tried this sauce over zucchini noodles. Delicious!

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining