Vegan Sour Cream (oil free, salt free)

The other night I experimented with making a Vegan Sour Cream using just 3 ingredients and I am very happy to say that it was delicious! It does take a small amount of pre-planning as you will need to soak the "raw" cashews for a minimum of 2 hours; to ensure easy blending and an ultra creamy result, and it will need to chill for a minimum of 4 hours.
This makes a great base to many other recipes. For instance, I used just 2 Tablespoons of this in a recipe that I created for a low fat vegan Ranch Salad Dressing (let me know if you'd like that recipe). You also could sweeten it slightly with some organic coconut sugar and use it as a fruit dip. I'm sure it would work well as a "raw" frosting on a raw cake if you blended it with some fluffy date paste. For my date paste recipe click HERE. The possibilities are many, I'm sure.



3 Ingredient Vegan Sour Cream (oil free, salt free)


1 cup of "raw" cashews, soaked in water for 2 hours, then drain


1/2 of a medium lemon, juiced


1 tsp of unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar


1/2 cup of water 


In a high speed blender, I used my small Tribest blender, Blend all of the ingredients until creamy and smooth. Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. Use as you would in any recipe calling for sour cream. Also makes a great addition to any creamy, raw salad dressing.


+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for yet another answer to prayer. If we just take the time to be silent and listen, our answers to questions can be "heard". 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining