Tip for Making Creamy Smoothies Dairy Free

So hubby and I went to go see the movie Lincoln last night. Was it great, no. Was it good, yes. We just thought it was a little bit slow, but it was good and I am glad we saw it.  I think the best part was just getting out together and having some quiet time.


Today I wanted to share my tip on how to make a smoothie taste creamy w/o using any dairy products. The trick is to use a slice of raw, green cabbage. Don't use the very outer, tough, green leaves. You can peel those off and save them for juicing. You want to use the light green, more tender leaves. The amount I use for a larger blender full is roughly 1 cup. The kids go nuts over this smoothie!! Here is my recipe you can try:

Dairy Free Creamy Dreamy Smoothie

by Elizabeth @rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com

6-8 Ounces of frozen mango

5 ripe bananas

2 cups of raw spinach

1 cup of raw green cabbage (about 3 leaves)

1/2-1 cup of filtered water

Blend until creamy smooth. Enjoy!

 

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for self control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining