Fasting, Prayer, and Work DAY 5 (Final Day)

My final day of fasting and I couldn't be happier with how well the five days have gone. I'm happy to report that I slept much better last night. Upon rising I had 12 ounces of plain purified water and roughly 30 minutes later I had 12 ounces of lime water. 


Then the boys and I headed out to the church for 8:00 am Stations of The Cross immediately followed by The Divine Mercy Chaplet. 
  • "On Good Friday, the entire Church fixes her gaze on the Cross at Calvary. Each member of the Church tries to understand at what cost Christ has won our redemption. In the solemn ceremonies of Good Friday, in the Adoration of the Cross, in the chanting of the 'Reproaches', in the reading of the Passion, and in receiving the pre-consecrated Host, we unite ourselves to our Savior, and we contemplate our own death to sin in the Death of our Lord."
  • "The Church - stripped of its ornaments, the altar bare, and with the door of the empty tabernacle standing open - is as if in mourning. In the fourth century the Apostolic Constitutions described this day as a 'day of mourning, not a day of festive joy,' and this day was called the 'Pasch (passage) of the Crucifixion.' " (Catholic.org) 

When we returned home I had a warm cup of turmeric, ginger, lemon, black pepper, and ground papaya seed tea.
12 ounces of lemon lime water was next.
Followed some time later by 10 ounces of warm ginger water.
Sticking with the water, I had a 10 oz warm green tea with a squeeze of lemon.
Did a coffee enema again today. 
All morning and afternoon I felt amazing on just water but began to feel like I needed some fruit juice so at 3:00 pm I began juicing.


24 ounces of pineapple beet juice. 
Had another juice an hour later. The most delicious honeydew melon juice--32 ounces worth!!


This evening I'll have another 12 ounces of water.
More spring cleaning, laundry, and organizing was done today. I organized and cleaned the kitchen. Got almost everything done in there that I had hoped to accomplish but still need to tackle the pantry on another day. 
Keeping this short, as I'm trying to steer clear of leisurely pleasures on this Good Friday 2016.

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for Jesus loving me enough to suffer a most painful death--death on a cross; in order that The Gates of Heaven be opened again, giving those who believe in Him and follow His Commandments the hope that they may one day live with Him forever in Heaven.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining