Fasting, Prayer, and Work Day 2

Tuesday of Holy Week 
Day 2 of my fast and I'm feeling fantastic!!! This morning upon rising I had 12 ounces of purified water and had my quiet  prayer time. After I made the children their breakfast we had our family prayer time together as we listened to the Daily Readings and the video reflection, before going to noon Mass. 
Before church I had a 10 oz mug of lemon turmeric water. To it I added some black pepper to increase the absorption of the turmeric in my body. 


To make this drink I warmed some water slightly and then stirred in the juice of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, and less than 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
Shortly after that it was time to crack open the coconut I found on last night's walk. It yielded 16 ounces of coconut water. I put the water in the fridge to chill while I did a coffee enema and dry skin brushing prior to my shower. I managed to hide away for awhile to have some time to myself. I'm reading and meditating on excerpts in the book, THE IMMITATION OF CHRIST. Today I was focusing on Chapter 9, Self-Offering and Prayer. 
These words by Thomas A. Kempis are particularly powerful and meaningful to me right now in my spiritual journey and were EXACTLY what I needed to read and speak to myself before receiving my Lord's Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity in the Blessed Sacrament: "Disciple: Lord, all things in heaven and on earth are Yours. I desire to give myself to you in willing abandonment, and to remain Yours forever. Lord, in simplicity of heart, I offer myself to you this day, always to be Your obedient servant  and a sacrifice of perpetual praise. 
Accept me with this holy sacrifice of your precious Body, which I offer You today in the presence of Your assisting Angels, for my salvation and that of all Your people.
Lord, I offer You all my sins and offenses, committed before You and Your holy Angels, from the day I was first able to sin until now. Placing them upon the altar of reconciliation, I implore You to burn and consume them in the fire of Your love."




In the morning I also had 2 ounces of fresh wheatgrass juice.

Later in the afternoon I had a 16 ounce serving of pineapple beet juice before we headed out to the beach for some earthing, walking, and shelling. 





Earlier in the day I prepared an apple and cinnamon infused water and thought this would be the perfect beverage to take along to the beach. It was a 20 ounce serving.


The three youngest went with me on a two and a half hour shelling walk. Here are some moments I captured.









No live shelling allowed of course. We only keep a few empty shells as precious reminders of God's wonderous creativity. 

While I prepared the family's dinner I sipped on 10 ounces warm cinnamon stick water.

Dinner for me was 32 ounces of freshly juiced O.J. Completely full and satisfied with this juice, so that is where my juicing day ended. If I get thirsty tonight I'll be having water only. 


Tonight I'm meditating on the scriptures as I read John's Gospel Chapters 10-19. As I read I'm journaling. 

What I consumed today:
12 oz purified water
10 ounces warm lemon turmeric water
16 ounces of fresh Florida coconut water
2 ounces of fresh wheatgrass juice
16 ounces of pineapple beet juice 
20 ounces of apple cinnamon infused water
32 ounces of fresh Florida orange juice
12 ounces of purified water

Reflections on today: 
I woke up earlier than I had expected and felt extremely well rested.  I never felt any true hunger today and felt alert and focused all day. Tonight I'm feeling tired from our long shelling walk out in the bright sunshine. Hoping to go to bed a bit early tonight. I'm very pleased with how my day progressed even though I didn't get to any of our deep Spring Cleaning. I focused on laundry this morning.

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for sand and surf beneath my feet and deep breathing at the beach. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining