Bountiful Berries















Blackberries with Banana Hemp Kream


Yesterday I went shopping for berries. Our market has them on sale and I had coupons for $1.50 off each package of berries. I actually ended up getting my blueberries for free and my blackberries for only $1.50 per 12oz box!! I am posting some of my favorite raw cobbler recipes today. You will notice that all of my cobblers incorporate some type of "green". One even uses sprouts as the cobbler's crust. I mentioned before that I have to start my day with greens. You will be amazed how wonderful berries taste when using fresh herbs and sprouts as a garnish or a central feature in a recipe. Gotta get my protein and chlorophyll! (I get protein from sprouts, dark leafy greens and sea vegetables.)
 Hope you get a chance to enjoy these amazing berries while they are in peak season.

Blackberries with Banana Hemp Kream

Sunflower sprouts, rough chop
Blackberries
Boxwood basil, remove leaves from stems
1 ripe banana
2 T Nutiva Hemp Seeds
Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Drizzle of raw honey, in its liquid state

Place sunflower sprouts in a bowl or on a plate. Top with the blackberries. To make the banana hemp cream, add the banana, a squeeze of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the hemp seeds to a small food processor. Process till creamy. Top the berries with the kream. Sprinkle on the remaining 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds. Drizzle the kream with the raw honey. Sprinkle the boxwood basil leaves over the entire cobbler, Enjoy!








Mixed Berry Cobbler with Basil

For this cobbler I prepared a crust with pecans and sprouted hard winter wheat berries. The sprouted wheat added a wonderful texture to this crust. I just loved it. Here is the recipe:

Mixed Berry Cobbler with Basil

Crust:
1/2 C raw pecan, soaked 6 hours
6 soft dates, chopped
1/4 C sprouted hard winter wheat berries
 pinch of sea salt
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of cinnamon
Process all of the crust ingredients in a small food processor until the crust  starts to stick together. Place this crust into a bowl or on a plate.

Syrup:
1/2 C fresh raspberries
1 T raw honey
1 T filtered water
Process the sauce ingredients in a small food processor.


Berries and Basil:

1/4 C blueberries
1/4 C strawberries
handful of boxwood basil leaves

Assemble:
Top the crust with the berries. Drizzle on the raspberry sauce and sprinkle on the boxwood basil leaves. Garnish with sunflower sprouts. Enjoy!




Sunflower Blueberry Cobbler with Raspberry Sauce
For this crust I added in some sprouted quinoa for its incredible nutritional content and also for the wonderful flavor and chewy texture. It made a fantastic crust.


Crust:

1/2 C sprouted hard winter wheat berries
1/4 C sprouted quinoa
1/4 C raw pecans, soaked 6 hours
6 soft dates, cut up
pinch of sea salt

Raspberry Sauce (same as recipe above)

1 C Sunflower sprouts
1 C blueberries

Place crust into a serving bowl. Top the crust with the sunflower sprouts. Place blueberries on top of the sprouts and drizzle with the raspberry sauce. Enjoy!

~JMJ~ Today I am grateful for...can you guess it??? Yes, I am grateful for bountiful berries in peak season. God is great! Another joy in my life from God's amazing garden. Peace and Happy Berry Eating!


Comments

Cynthia said…
Wow they all look fabulous can't wait to give them a try!
C

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining