Raw Lunch Trio


This was my lunch yesterday. I used some of the kids Confetti Raw Kale Salad and added a serving of "Dinner Salad Marinade" from a fantastic blog "Raw on $10 a Day (or Less)".
I changed her recipe a bit and here is my version.

Marinated Mushroom Pea Salad

10 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced
1/4 of a sweet white onion, organic, chop fine
1 pkg of fresh organic snap peas, cut on the diagonal
2 T cold pressed olive oil
2 T balsamic vinegar
2 T or less of YS Organic Bee Farms organic Raw Honey, warm gently in a bowl of hot water to melt it a bit
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/2 t sea salt
1 t red pepper flake spice mix from Whole Foods (sorry I forgot the name)

Put vegetables into a bowl that has a lid. Mix the marinade and toss into the vegetables. Cover bowl with lid and let marinate 6-12 hrs. in refrig. Enjoy! It tastes great the next day also.
Note: I topped mine with some fresh quinoa sprouts that I sprouted the day before.

The other salad in the Trio was my sprout medley. I had sprouted sunflower seed, red clover seeds, broccoli seeds, and lentils. I ate them just as they were, no dressing at all. I love my sprouts, you will soon learn that. :) This was such a satisfying lunch and it was really easy, even though it looks like it was complicated. The flavors complimented each other beautifully and it really filled me up. Chlorophyll overload!! I'm feeling the raw power!
Today I am grateful that my three youngest boys love raw kale salad. I feel so good knowing they are eating such an amazing green.
~JMJ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining