SPROUTY MORNING SALAD


The other day I made a delicious "breakfast" salad. I love "breakfast" salads. I really don't label it "breakfast", I call it my morning meal. I don't limit myself in the morning, I eat what ever sounds good or what ever I think my body needs that particular morning. Well that particular morning I needed grapefruit. I also wanted to start my day with some greens and of course sprouts. Here is what I came up with:

Sprouty Morning Salad

Organic romaine, cut into thin strips
1-2 small organic carrots, shaved with vegetable peeler
1 large organic grapefruit, cut into bite size pieces
Organic yellow pea sprouts
Organic adzuki bean sprouts
Organic mung  bean sprouts
Organic quiona sprouts
fresh  lemon thyme or lemon basil

Plate the romaine lettuce. Top lettuce with the carrots, grapefruit and sprouts. Add some chopped lemon basil or lemon thyme.



Salad Dressing



1/2 C Cold pressed olive oil
2 capfuls of Coconut Aminos or Coconut Vinegar
2 T Braggs Unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
1 clove pressed garlic
1 T real maple syrup (this is not raw)
1 T organic Dijon mustard
pinch of sea salt
juice from a wedge of lime
fresh boxwood basil, chopped
fresh lemon thyme, chopped


Whisk the ingredients well and drizzle over top of salad.


It really is amazing how much better I feel when I eat either greens or sprouts as part of my morning meal. If I am not in the mood for these in the form of a salad, I blend them instead or juice them. I'll either start the day with a green juice or a green smoothie. It is all about listening to your body and fueling it with what it needs. Enjoy and Eat More Greens!
~JMJ~ Today I am grateful for the rain. We had a great rainfall last night and when I went out this morning to water my container garden I realized that the rain did it for me. It must have been coming down at the perfect angle because it hit all of the pots up on the second level deck, even though there is a roof over it! Thanks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining